Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

East/West Musical Instruments Company

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Colin Farrell wearing the Levi's x Aero Leather repro of the EW Barnstormer

IMG_0931.jpeg
IMG_0933.jpeg

EW jacket worn by Janis Joplin

IMG_0935.jpeg
IMG_0934.jpeg

EW jacket worn by Elvis

IMG_0351.jpeg

EW jacket featured on Pawn Stars

Last edited:
What an absolute gem! Truly something special that should be celebrated. I didn’t think there would be any chance you could wear it. Impressive what the water did. Had I known, that sucker would have been lost in the mail(box) attached to my porch. LOL. Outstanding.

CB123

New in Town
Hello.
I received this EWMIC Jacket and pants about 30 years ago.
Was a friends Mothers from when she was a flower child.

Looking around these seem to be more of a 60's style than the 70's jackets I see more of.
Are EWMIC pants a rarer item? The label is much more plain than all the other EWMIC labels I've seen.

Anyone seen any other EWMIC clothing like this before?

ewmicJ1.jpg

ewmicP1.jpg
ewmicJL1.jpg

ewmicPL1.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Hello.
I received this EWMIC Jacket and pants about 30 years ago.
Was a friends Mothers from when she was a flower child.

Looking around these seem to be more of a 60's style than the 70's jackets I see more of.
Are EWMIC pants a rarer item? The label is much more plain than all the other EWMIC labels I've seen.

Anyone seen any other EWMIC clothing like this before?

View attachment 623561

View attachment 623563 View attachment 623562

View attachment 623564
East west pants aren't super rare, i see them pop up on eBay every now and then. They aren't as collectable as the jackets. I don't think your jacket and pants are EWMIC. Label is quite different. Note the '=' in between East and West on the label.

IMG_2221.jpeg

CB123

New in Town
East west pants aren't super rare, i see them pop up on eBay every now and then. They aren't as collectable as the jackets. I don't think your jacket and pants are EWMIC. Label is quite different. Note the '=' in between East and West on the label.
Thank you for the information. I did notice the label differences. Wasn't sure about someone making a jacket in this style and putting a E=WMIC label on it. A bit odd.

I had hoped seeing this jacket that perhaps mine was real. Same sleeves and buttons. Different leaves and orientation.

Guy-in-Reni_Easy-Resize.com_-235x300.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Wasn't sure about someone making a jacket in this style and putting a E=WMIC label on it. A bit odd.
Their designs being copied is actually mentioned on the east west website as one of the reasons they eventually went out of business.

"Then the ascending wave entered a long, slow downward arc. Norman’s designs were being copied as soon as they were shown in public. Knock-off jackets were being made in the Far East cheaply, in inferior materials. "

Edward

Bartender
East West Backpack Jacket, spotted on Etsy. Never seen one like this before.

View attachment 88625

Interesting idea. I wodner if you could argue the toss it wasn't hand luggage with one o those airlines that now charge for the same....

Mine now. Is for sits. Go ways, wear nother jacket, hoomin.

Last year when visiting Japan I tried on this Eas West Barnstormer. Size XXL which is incredibly rare to find, most of these jackets are tiny for some reason.

Could be they were primarily made for the Japanese market where people tended on averge to be smaller? Even now, a lot of Japanese stuff I've seen tops out at a small 44 or a 42, and if you need a wasitband bigge than a 38, sometimes even a 34, fuggedaboutit...

Those six pocket ones always put mee in mind of something I'd expect to see worn in Mos Eisley. They have that sort-of Star Wars aesthetic. Not the other EW designs, but that one does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg