Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Early 60s Langlitz Columbia size 42 possibly for trade for size 50

velocette59

New in Town
Hey im new here but been a collector and occasionally a reseller for a very long time. I've got a jacket here that i put on ebay but i may be willing to trade up or down for a size 50 langlitz or similar that fits me. It needs some repairs but is an amazing jacket. its on ebay at 850 but 500 buys it off ebay

link to pics

ebay info ill send link if you ask me

This vintage Langlitz Leathers motorcycle jacket is a true gem from the 1960s.

Looks like the zippers been replaced with a YKK the pocket zippers look to be original. The lining has some issues but passable. I’ve tried to take pictures of any damage to the leather collar.

It’s just got an amazing patina. Purchased from the family of an Ohio flat track racer

44” external pits other measurements in pics

Here is some information from langlitz

“Wow, that’s a beauty!

My gut says that that Columbia was probably built in the early to mid-1960’s. I’m not seeing many hints that it’s horsehide. It’s probably cowhide with maybe a panel or two in horsehide. During that transitional period in the late 50’s early 60’s as horses were relegated to the 4H club, and beef became king! So the transition was from black leather, to black leather, as far as Langlitz Leathers was concerned.

As for repairs…. We can patch the lining at the neck for $75. We may be able to sew a patch over that worn-out piece of collar, for around $75 to $100. Replacing the collar completely is $200.

We’re not currently accepting repair or alteration jobs until November. So if you’d like to get it done, please hold off until November then feel free to bring or send it in.”

Attachments

• langlitz front.jpeg
    langlitz front.jpeg
    812.5 KB · Views: 5
  • langlitz back.jpeg
    langlitz back.jpeg
    897.2 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bvanv