Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you "pay it forward"?

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I "pay it forward". Over the years, many people have been very kind to me, and now I can "pay it back" or forward, as the case may be.

Last year, I gave or offered approximately 175 items here on the Fedora Lounge for free. One day I tabulated it all. Some of those items came from Freecycle, as I was able to grab things specifically that I knew members here would like (the bowler hat and glass cut bottle for example). I have so many things to give away on Freecycle or the Lounge I no longer go out to get things for members of the Lounge. I am a well-known Freecycler in our area, and give things away up to one or two times a week.

I've gotten some great things from Freecycle: An antique sewing machine, a 1940's hat, vintage compacts, jewelry, antique books, vintage clothing, antique typewriters, a vintage umbrella, sheet music, some magazines of interest and lots and lots of records. Records will be sorted and posted in the Classifieds for free in the future as I have time. Husband has officially put me on the CANNOT respond to anymore Freecyle ads anymore! lol

Randy

Familiar Face
I had not heard of freecycle before this post (turns out there is a group in my town that is quite large) but I have always given away things that I've had when people have needed them. Televisions, furniture, clothes, even a fully functional car once, which we gave away to a co-worker who needed it badly rather than trade it in. Thanks for the info on freecycle!

- Randy

Miss_Bella_Hell

Holding my breath as I type this...
Tuesday, I am going to pick up what is described as "This is a large arc type lamp you put behind the couch and it curves up over the couch."

I am picturing
Lifestyle-Living_fl.jpg

I LOVE THESE!! Think good thoughts....

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Holding my breath as I type this...
Tuesday, I am going to pick up what is described as "This is a large arc type lamp you put behind the couch and it curves up over the couch."

I LOVE THESE!! Think good thoughts....

Great find, with any luck it'll be beyond expectations.
I hope the woman doesn't come with it though; Linda Barker is known in the UK, among other things, for annoying furniture/electrical commercials.
"Curry's Always Cutting Prices" lol

A unrelated question; if someone gave something to you/helped you out with something and when you asked if they wanted anything in return they asked you to "pass it on" would you understand what they meant?

Miss_Bella_Hell

So, here is what the lamp looks like:
big_arc_lamp_001.jpg

I wasn't quite sure what to make of it until I found this link. The one I got is not an original though, unless the plug was updated. So I am not sure of the maker, but it looks JUST like this one, down to the marble base.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
So I am not sure of the maker, but it looks JUST like this one, down to the marble base.

SCORE!
its_good.jpg

I'm a shameless trashpicker, to the point that my friends hum the theme from 'Sandford & Son' when I slow down. Most of the loot goes to some catlady friends of mine, who hold sidewalk sales in the summer. Proceeds benefit finding homes for indigent kitties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe