Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diamond Clothing Company of Tulsa, Oklahoma - A-2's

A-1

One Too Many
My experience with Dave is like with some people here. After some quarrel I received a beautiful jacket.
To me it depends on where you are located. So, if you're in the US I'd probably try DD. But outside the US the exchange rates and the customs might be expensive for a remake.
As he now has my measurements, I'd go with him again. He makes a mean jacket at a great price for the leather.
But as the others and I said, it might take two tries to get it right.
I uploaded some evo pics on my thread.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a DD A-2 I bought from him off eBay this summer. It is one of his Acme (Aero) Leather combat clone jackets in dark seal shinki horsehide. He had originally made the jacket for another customer who returned it for a remake, apparently they wanted an extremely grainy and rustic hide (the hide on the jacket has plenty of grain and character for me).
The jacket is beautifully made and appears to be quite accurate to the original it was based on. One of my good friends has an original Aero jacket and we looked at the two side by side. Dave had copied the collar, epaulets, and pockets perfectly. The fit of this jacket is great for me as well. It is a little longer than most of the other repros I have handled (27" I believe) and that feels more comfortable to me on my 6'1" frame.
I spoke to Dave twice during the purchase and I found him to be very intense and passionate about the jackets he makes and the history of leather jackets from that time period. It is such a pleasure when you find someone who really, really likes what they do for a living!
Based on my experience I would definitely recommend an A-2 from DD.

Another thing that DD would have benefitted from is to do like his mentor (JC) and avoid forums like this.
Rarely, JC will post, but to get caught up in the swarm here (and VLJ, etc) was a mistake, and I imagine that didn't help things.
As we've seen here, people tend to take sides rather quickly and passionately. Good, bad, or otherwise, it's not a pleasant thing to be someone learning and being in the middle of some rather lively threads.
Any hobby has it's passionate followers, and we here are no different. But at times it gets out of hand. I hope DD is still making a go of it and that he can one day be seen as a go-to maker as it only benefits everyone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe