Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denim Jackets - New or Vintage

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Ok, I've gone and done it. Took another huge step towards becoming a South Florida redneck. I lopped off the sleeves off my old Diesel denim trucker. Why, you might ask? Well, who needs sleeves in 94F and high humidity? The rest of the trucker is useful for shopping or what have you. Redneck engineering at its finest. Enjoy the 4th, y'all.

PXL_20240703_185616062~2.jpg

barnabus

One Too Many
Ok, I've gone and done it. Took another huge step towards becoming a South Florida redneck. I lopped off the sleeves off my old Diesel denim trucker. Why, you might ask? Well, who needs sleeves in 94F and high humidity? The rest of the trucker is useful for shopping or what have you. Redneck engineering at its finest. Enjoy the 4th, y'all.

View attachment 624817

Cool.

I love those white jeans. I wear white jeans in summer too, but they're probably more acceptable in Florida than they are here in England.

Edward

Bartender
Cool.

I love those white jeans. I wear white jeans in summer too, but they're probably more acceptable in Florida than they are here in England.

I'm eyeing a pair of Darcy's white, cotton drill trews atm. All the durability of jeans, but work much better with my look.

A cut off can be a real boon travelling. I bought a Helstons leather / denim vest a few years ago (after proving the value of the concept with a dirt-cheap eBayed cutoff that I still have.... might end up patching it for a bit of fun, for both those days in the year when I dress as modern as the 70s....). Ideal for getting through airports in hot weather: everything that would normally be in trousers / shirt pockets goes in that, easy-off at security. Depending on how light I'm travelling, it can cancel the need of hand luggage. Great boost to have the convenience of a jacket without it being a killer in the heat. Did use my lightest leather for that purpose at one point (a Wested Indy), but mostly ended up carrying it, which wasn't quite as convenient (even if it still offered the speed advantage in airport security).

Those aisde, after not having owned a denim jacket in somewhere around twenty years, I picked up one of the Cathcart Big B Battle Jackets a couple of years ago - must get a decent photo. Been wearing it about for the first time this last week, lovely thing. Patterned after a 1940 spec British BattleDress blouse, very practical. Two handy inner pockets, two very reliable, flapped chest pockets. Also quite fancied the zip-up jacket they did last year in denim, but I have no call for two blue denim jackets, so hoping they bring that one out in black at some point.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Cool.

Since moving to south FL I bought three pairs of white jeans and three pairs of white chinos. White t-shirts, too. I look like a baker, lol. Helps beat the sun.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I'm eyeing a pair of Darcy's white, cotton drill trews atm. All the durability of jeans, but work much better with my look.

A cut off can be a real boon travelling. I bought a Helstons leather / denim vest a few years ago (after proving the value of the concept with a dirt-cheap eBayed cutoff that I still have.... might end up patching it for a bit of fun, for both those days in the year when I dress as modern as the 70s....). Ideal for getting through airports in hot weather: everything that would normally be in trousers / shirt pockets goes in that, easy-off at security. Depending on how light I'm travelling, it can cancel the need of hand luggage. Great boost to have the convenience of a jacket without it being a killer in the heat. Did use my lightest leather for that purpose at one point (a Wested Indy), but mostly ended up carrying it, which wasn't quite as convenient (even if it still offered the speed advantage in airport security).

Those aisde, after not having owned a denim jacket in somewhere around twenty years, I picked up one of the Cathcart Big B Battle Jackets a couple of years ago - must get a decent photo. Been wearing it about for the first time this last week, lovely thing. Patterned after a 1940 spec British BattleDress blouse, very practical. Two handy inner pockets, two very reliable, flapped chest pockets. Also quite fancied the zip-up jacket they did last year in denim, but I have no call for two blue denim jackets, so hoping they bring that one out in black at some point.
In warmer climates a denim jacket with inner pockets is super practical. I hate stuffing my pants pockets with car keys and wallet, so jacket pockets come in handy. And a jacket is a must in stores and restaurants where they blast AC to compensate for the heat outside.

Edward

Bartender
In warmer climates a denim jacket with inner pockets is super practical. I hate stuffing my pants pockets with car keys and wallet, so jacket pockets come in handy. And a jacket is a must in stores and restaurants where they blast AC to compensate for the heat outside.

At his time of year I always remember that great line in coffee and Cigarettes: when Steve Coogan arrives at the restaurant table in a huge Westwood overcoat, and his dining companion questions the need for such a garment in LA - "Oh no," he replies, "That's just for the aircon. I take it off when I go outside."

I'm always careful on planes -one Summer, got on a plane for the hop from London to Belfast with just a t-shirt on. Sitting at the window - by the time we were half an hour in the air I was frozen, they had the AC so cranked...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az