Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
It was a week back, but Tom Krause, one of the greatest operaticbaritones, passed on the sixth of this month.
[video=youtube_share;2whVj5DK3IA]http://youtu.be/2whVj5DK3IA[/video]

Very sad. A wonderful, talented artist. He had a one of a kind voice and believed in Traditional Country Music, his fans, and most importantly, God, until his final days.

God bless you, Ray.

946736_10152052855189330_638193159_n.jpg

"I love my fans and have devoted my life to reaching out to them. I appreciate their support all these years, and I hope I haven't let them down. I am at peace. I love Jesus. I'm going to be just fine. Don't worry about me. I'll see you again one day."
...Ray Price

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Harold Camping, crackpot preacher, who predicted the end of the world.
I used to catch him from time to time. He really knew his Bible, and had a lot of interesting things to say. Then he would veer off into complete lala land.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/doomsday-minister-harold-camping-dead-92-21248011

Camping was one in a long string of dispensational millenialists going back to William Miller in 1844 -- they all had different methods for calculating their magic dates, and they all had interesting ways of rationalizing their way around "no man knows the day and hour."

There are still a few heirs to that tradition with us yet, but the dynamic public personalities of a Judge Rutherford or a Herbert W. Armstrong or a Harold Camping seem to be missing. Radio made all those guys famous, but radio isn't really enough of a factor anymore to make any of the current breed nationally-known to the general public. A prophet with a few followers on the Internet does not a movement make.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm surprised no one posted Lou Reed's death. He was wearing a black leather jacket when he died. Check out the front cover of the box set Between Thoughts and Expression, that black cowhide flight jacket, very possibly a Johnson Leather, with half leather cuff.

Russell Johnson
(November 10, 1924 -- January 16, 2014)

Russell Johnson, the last surviving male cast member of TV's Gilligan's Island died today. Gilligan's Island co-star Dawn Wells posted the following on Facebook.
"My 2 favorite people* are now gone. The Professor past away this morning. My heart is broken."

Johnson was also a WWII veteran who flew 44 combat missions in the Pacific as a bombardier on a B-25.

russell_johnson.jpg

*Also referring to Bob Denver who died in 2005

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Mae Young, Women's Wrestling Champion.
Young's first bout was in 1939, and in 2000, she was crowned "Miss Royal Rumble," at the age of 77. In 2008, she was the third woman to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. In March 2013, WWE stars and fans celebrated her 90th birthday live on Monday Night Raw.

She is hailed as "one of the original WWE Divas," by WWE.com.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20776947,00.html

Even at the age of 80 she was still in the ring wrestling on occasion.
Absolutely incredible, when most 80yr olds are sitting in front of the tv.

Dave Madden, perhaps best known for his role as Reuben Kincaid on The Partridge Family, died at a hospice care facility near his home in Jacksonville, Florida. He was 82 years old.

Ruth Robinson Duccini, the last of the original female Munchkins from the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz, has died. She was 95. With her death, only one actor who played one of the original 124 Munchkins in the movie remains alive: Jerry Maren, 93, of Los Angeles, who portrayed a member of the Lollipop Guild.

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Roger LLoyd-Pack who was best known for his role as "Trigger" in the BBC TV programme, "Only Fools and Horses" and was also in the "Vicar of Dibley" too, but he did do many other serious roles as well.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Russell Johnson
(November 10, 1924 -- January 16, 2014)

Russell Johnson, the last surviving male cast member of TV's Gilligan's Island died today. Gilligan's Island co-star Dawn Wells posted the following on Facebook.
"My 2 favorite people* are now gone. The Professor past away this morning. My heart is broken."

Johnson was also a WWII veteran who flew 44 combat missions in the Pacific as a bombardier on a B-25.

russell_johnson.jpg

*Also referring to Bob Denver who died in 2005

This was sad to find out about. Gilligan's Island was always one of my favorite TV shows. I used to watch it on Nick at Night or TV Land when I was younger, over a decade ago. Last year, I also bought the complete Gilligan's Island show. I have occasionally put the show on my computer or on a TV and enjoyed it. The Professor was my favorite character on the show, and Russell Johnson will be missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley