Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CVC Tanker Jacket Sizing?

trapsik

New in Town
I'm on the hunt for a good vintage tanker jacket. Army issued jackets, however, come in various short, regular, or tall length variations.

I'm 5'9", around 175~ lbs., 40 - 41" chest, usually wear a medium in most shirts and jackets.

My question is, if I'm going for a more cropped jacket that looks great with high waisted pants and tucked shirts (think old Lee 101j denim jackets), would the standard "Medium-Regular" size fit me better, or should I risk buying a "Medium-Short" size? If anyone has a tanker jacket and wants to testify on their experience, that'd be much appreciated.

trapsik

New in Town
Have some pics so we can get a better idea ?
This is all I got. If the seller was willing to provide measurements I would already know if it would fit or not... but they don't seem to be responsive. Seller is a mil surplus store.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240612_132155_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240612_132155_eBay.jpg
    797.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_20240612_132205_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240612_132205_eBay.jpg
    784.3 KB · Views: 50

Bennarion

One Too Many

trapsik judging by your parameters, the jacket will be small. It also depends on how you like to wear it, slim or loose style. It is better to buy a jacket with measurements.​

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm on the hunt for a good vintage tanker jacket. Army issued jackets, however, come in various short, regular, or tall length variations.

I'm 5'9", around 175~ lbs., 40 - 41" chest, usually wear a medium in most shirts and jackets.

My question is, if I'm going for a more cropped jacket that looks great with high waisted pants and tucked shirts (think old Lee 101j denim jackets), would the standard "Medium-Regular" size fit me better, or should I risk buying a "Medium-Short" size? If anyone has a tanker jacket and wants to testify on their experience, that'd be much appreciated.

You definitely don't want a "short" size; you're at or above the average height of a WWII American serviceman.

mumpy

A-List Customer
I am similar size as you and judging from same experience I think this will be too short (and I like short jackets).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S