Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Color Combo Conundrum?

mike

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:
I think that a greater percentage of Golden Era men were aware of the rudiments of classic style even if they chose not to or couldn't afford to adhere to them. The level of sartorial expertise found on the sales floor of the local haberdasher, department store or tailor shop back then far surpasses that of today.

I'm very focused on it because I'm color blind, so I try to memorize when I'm told if a tie has slight bits of a certain color in it that could compliment a certain color shirt/suit combination. But life would be a lot easier if this damned 2-strip technicolor was never invented! :p

In thinking about it from a Golden Era stand point, I would think especially by the early 30's with financial woes reaching a roar, the idea of having virtually two complete sets of clothes that work great separately but not mixing and matching would not make financial sense. I would think the obvious answer would be to go in one direction with it or the other. Truly not a bad idea to to follow today either really.. gulp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe