Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clearout Sale! #16 - Dry Bones Blue Cowhide Double Riders Jacket (40)

AsiaMiles

New in Town
Gorgeous blue double riders jacket from Dry Bones.
Cowhide with quilted lining. Made in Japan.
In lovely condition, with no issues; there were a pair of metal stars on the flap pocket and their is a vague imprint of their past presence.
Main zipper is ring pull, all others are chain pull.
Tagged a 40/Large though it may fit more like a 38, measurements being Chest = 20½" / Shoulders 18" / Length 23¼" / Sleeves 24".
I'm asking £235 or US$300 plus shipping (& any fees, though these have been avoided with my sales to date) for this beauty.

db1.jpg
db2.jpg
db3.jpg

Last edited:

dinhnguyen57

Familiar Face
I tried searching for Dry Bones on the internet but did not find much information on the brand. How does that jacket, in terms of quality and fit, as compared with more well-known brands such as Y2, Real McCoys, Aero, etc? New jackets are not cheap but not crazy expensive on their website.

AsiaMiles

New in Town
From what I recall Dry Bones began primarily reproducing 50s style clothing for the rockabilly market before gradually widening their scope. They've collaborated with clothing companies like Lewis Leathers, artists like Rockin' Jelly Bean, and bands like Guitar Wolf. Me, I have a couple of shirts by them, as well as another quite distinctive leather jacket that I'll probably add to this clearout sale. My only complaint with them is that there have been a couple of hats they've made that I would have bought, but trying them on in their shop in Daikanyama even the smallest sizes were way too big for me.

I can't compare the jacket to the brands you mention as I've never owned anything by Y2 or Aero (I have tried on Aeros but found them too stiff and heavy for my liking) nor have I owned a motorcycle jacket by TRM; the only leather jacket I ever had by TRM was an A-2 and that was long ago.
Personally, I've been more than satisfied by the quality of DB's goods, which thankfully are not as expensive as, say, The Real McCoy's whose garments it's always been difficult to snag for an affordable price even on the secondary market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust