Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

classic styled cars

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Do you mean kit car bodies that fit over modern frames with antique styles rendered in fiberglass, or things like the PT Cruiser or Chevy HHR that have "retro-esque" styling?

D

Deleted member 6442

My Citroen C6 is obviously a very modern design but it has deco aspects and is one of the most stylish modern cars around (but then again I'm incredibly biased!).

myC6.jpg

CitroenC6800.jpg

Cheers
Alex

docneg

One of the Regulars
morganswift said:
My Citroen C6 is obviously a very modern design but it has deco aspects and is one of the most stylish modern cars around (but then again I'm incredibly biased!).

myC6.jpg

CitroenC6800.jpg

Cheers
Alex
That's a good-looking car! I am amazed at how, all these years later, it still LOOKS like a Citroen. The same for the new Jaguars which, even though they have totally new designs, still have that Jaguar look. I really don't know how they do it.

D

Deleted member 6442

I know what you mean - but I guess there are enough design cues there to keep the brand look. Citroen are famous for big, lavish saloons and the C6 certainly fits that.

Shirin

A-List Customer
Wow Alex your car is a looker! I wouldn't mind being seen driving that! Not at all.

Is that new Packard one of those concept cars?

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I have a PT Cruiser. Planning on painting it bright yellow and striping it with a checkerboard design and rate sign for the doors. I even have a source for the cab light on the roof.

Why?

Why not? lol

LordBest

Practically Family
Lou said:
:eusa_clap Have you heard anything about the car's reliability, parts availability, and likelihood to not be butchered my mechanics unfamiliar with it? Those would be my concerns with a car like this.

Unfortunately, no I haven't.

D

Deleted member 6442

Thanks, Shirin. It has an amazingly smooth 'flying carpet' ride too. Though I have to keep it in 'sport' mode as it can get overly floaty. They're very rare here in the UK.

To answer the original question, there are quite a few companies that make Auburn Speedster replicas. Here's one...

http://www.decorides.com/auburnbt.htm

I saw an Auburn Speedster down here in Cornwall recently and looking at the patina on it it could have been an original. Inside was like an Art Deco palace. Amazing car which I recognised from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom!

Cheers
Alex

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HvdB