Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Hat Gallery

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Due to the completely lackluster and non-interested response I received to my earlier post in this thread, I am withdrawing my offer to photograph my other hat-related Christmas gifts.

::: leaves room :::

Vintage Betty

Spellflower

Practically Family
Christmas Whippet

I would have had these up sooner, but my grandmother's internet connection is slightly slower than the movement of tectonic plates.

Anyway, here is my new Whippet, courtesy of Woodsie. It is by far the nicest hat I have ever owned, and also seems to be exactly the hat I've been looking for since I started to wear fedoras. 2 5/8" is my ideal brim width, and I love the bash possibilities of the tall crown.

All of my plans for last night fell through, and so I posted a personal ad with the pic in my avatar on Craigslist and had a date within the hour. I also got a lot of compliments from strangers throughout the evening. So much for fedoras not being sexy!

2155666373_354b9d33c2.jpg

2155666291_3bc284728d.jpg

2155666189_ee084497ef.jpg

MKL

A-List Customer
Spellflower, that is one fine looking hat. I really like the Stetson Whippets. Very nice.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
MKL said:
Spellflower, that is one fine looking hat. I really like the Stetson Whippets. Very nice.

I second that exact comment, MKL. I've had my eye on whippets for a while, though I have yet to own one. Very nice hat, spellflower, enjoy it!

RBH

Bartender
Vintage Betty said:
Everyone looks wonderful in their new hats! :eusa_clap

This doesn't really qualify for this thread, but you said you wanted to see it. Here's my first gift (to me, no less) that's hat-related. It arrived in the mail today:

It's an antique hat measuring tool.

hat_measuring_tool.jpg
If all E-Bay hat sellers had this tool all the guess work would be gone on hat sizes! :D

Marty M.

Vendor
I think that I heard a door slam.

Vintage Betty said:
Due to the completely lackluster and non-interested response I received to my earlier post in this thread, I am withdrawing my offer to photograph my other hat-related Christmas gifts.

::: leaves room :::

Vintage Betty

C'mon VB. That's not fair. Now that ya got us all pumped up to see your Christmas gifts, ya not going to show us now? Now I ask ya VB, "Where's the Love"?
Marty

ideaguy

One Too Many
Betty: fabulous tool! if that isn't a Christmas hat gift-I gotta serious problem . Watch it, you wize guys...
Please show some more of your presents-I for one am enthralled by
old tools for obscure purposes. Almost always, they're beautiful as well
as fascinating; and the market for things like this is so hot right now,
collectors will climb over each other to give you money.
I think you might be onto something very good...

carter

I'll Lock Up
ideaguy said:
Betty: fabulous tool! if that isn't a Christmas hat gift-I gotta serious problem . Watch it, you wize guys...

And...can we see that hat sizing tool actually being used on a hat? Looks like it may be painful.

Bama Mike

Familiar Face
Spellflower said:
I would have had these up sooner, but my grandmother's internet connection is slightly slower than the movement of tectonic plates.

Anyway, here is my new Whippet, courtesy of Woodsie. It is by far the nicest hat I have ever owned, and also seems to be exactly the hat I've been looking for since I started to wear fedoras. 2 5/8" is my ideal brim width, and I love the bash possibilities of the tall crown.

All of my plans for last night fell through, and so I posted a personal ad with the pic in my avatar on Craigslist and had a date within the hour. I also got a lot of compliments from strangers throughout the evening. So much for fedoras not being sexy!

2155666373_354b9d33c2.jpg

2155666291_3bc284728d.jpg

2155666189_ee084497ef.jpg

That hat and that jacket make a hell of a combo. Very nice.:eusa_clap

Vintage Betty

Marty M. said:
C'mon VB. That's not fair. Now that ya got us all pumped up to see your Christmas gifts, ya not going to show us now? Now I ask ya VB, "Where's the Love"?
Marty

I am back in this thread at the request of Mr. Marty M. who nicely guilted me er...requested me back here.

Marty M. said:
Marty

I show love (and pictures as well as reference material) when people seem interested in stuff I post. Arguing, questioning, complimenting, disagreeing and posting comments get me interested to do more. No response has me leaving things on the table. This is simply the first time I've said anything, though I've left other things undone or not posted for the same reason.

ideaguy said:

Thank you Mr. Ideaguy. I don't buy my stuff to resell, I buy stuff to use.
Like all collectors, I weed through and update my collection by getting rid of stuff via giveaways (see my contests in the Classifieds), trade and sale when I feel like it. I've done some trade to people on the Lounge, and everyone seems happy so far.

'Cuz you guys are SO NICE to invite me back, I will post a teaser of another item I got, before I post my second gift (I have a pic from the seller, but the actual item hasn't arrived yet).

Stay tuned...

Vintage Betty

Edward

Bartender
Hey, folks. It's great to be back online (spent Christms with the folks and a dodgy net connextion, came back home and i still don't have mine sorted.... D%^n ISP....)....

No photos as of yet - soon, hopefully - but there are two new hats in my life s a result of Christmas. My Akubra Fed Deluxe in Dark Brown was waiting for me when I got back to Blighty. When I was with the folks in Ireland, Santa included an envelope with a list of things that are to be ordered for me and delivered to my London address now I'm back. This list included a grey Federation.... due to be ordered this week. :)

Vintage Betty, the hat sizer looks like a very interesting tool - I think I have it sussed how it works, but I'd be curious to see it in action. :)

Flieger

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
It's an antique hat measuring tool.

hat_measuring_tool.jpg

Rats! I saw a similar gadget on a local online auction a couple of months back but I let it pass me by. :eusa_doh:

Congratulations Betty.

/F

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
Hey, folks. It's great to be back online (spent Christms with the folks and a dodgy net connextion, came back home and i still don't have mine sorted.... D%^n ISP....)....

No photos as of yet - soon, hopefully - but there are two new hats in my life s a result of Christmas. My Akubra Fed Deluxe in Dark Brown was waiting for me when I got back to Blighty. When I was with the folks in Ireland, Santa included an envelope with a list of things that are to be ordered for me and delivered to my London address now I'm back. This list included a grey Federation.... due to be ordered this week. :)

Vintage Betty, the hat sizer looks like a very interesting tool - I think I have it sussed how it works, but I'd be curious to see it in action. :)
Can't wait to see pics!! Weren't you getting a jacket to go with it, or did you already have one?:)

Edward

Bartender
indycop said:
Can't wait to see pics!! Weren't you getting a jacket to go with it, or did you already have one?:)

I need to shift a few things on via eBay first, but yes, the plan is that this spring I'll be getting my first proper A2 and a Wested Indy (probably a Raiders style in horse). :)

Vintage Betty

Flieger said:
Rats! I saw a similar gadget on a local online auction a couple of months back but I let it pass me by. :eusa_doh:

Congratulations Betty.

/F

Thank you for the good wishes.

Hmmmm....I never saw one of these before I stumbled on it. Would you happen to remember the final auction price?

Vintage Betty

Flieger

Practically Family
Vintage Betty said:
Thank you for the good wishes.

Hmmmm....I never saw one of these before I stumbled on it. Would you happen to remember the final auction price?

Vintage Betty

Hmm... I don't remember exactly but I know it wasn't much.. say 150SEK(that's about $24). Now I REALLY feel bad for not bidding on it. It would have made a nice coversation piece if nothing else. :) The one I saw didn't have the sissors-grip but wooden knobs instead.

/F

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
I need to shift a few things on via eBay first, but yes, the plan is that this spring I'll be getting my first proper A2 and a Wested Indy (probably a Raiders style in horse). :)
I got a U.S. Wings indy in vintage cowhide for Christmas!:D Now if my AB would just get back.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe