Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caption Contest

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Besides the obvious reason I chose this photo from the stunning Cushman Collection, I'd like to see you wags take a shot at captioning this shot for everyone's enjoyment! lol lol lol :

untitled_edited.jpg

Have at it! (BTW Should this be a real contest? How would we determine a winner? Poll?)

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
missed it by five minutes

That's the same thing I thought Story.lol
So instead how about: "I've got a bird in the hand. There must be two in this bush"

Sincerely,
The Wolf

deanglen

Caption Contest Image #2

Those were good! A religious subject might be tough to be comfortable with, so here's another Cushman shot from 1939 with hats and kids and the possibilities seem endless:
aaaa_edited.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
For the first one:

"Don't worry Gladys, we'll find the antidote somehow. Meanwhile, I've always wanted give that Butch Johnson a bird..."

For second pic:

"C'mon gang, let's beat it before they find where we buried Jimmy!"

Story

I'll Lock Up
For #2

Little Bobby, Carol, Teddy and Alice prepare for careers in public service, by practicing holding back the tide with their toy shovels.

deanglen

Story said:
Little Bobby, Carol, Teddy and Alice prepare for careers in public service, by practicing holding back the tide with their toy shovels.

Bobby & Carol, Teddy & Alice? Nudge nudge, wink wink;) , know what I mean?
Terrific cultural reference there, Storylol . A pre-quel pehaps?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley