Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can You ID This Leather?

Trouser Bark

Familiar Face
I have a dead cousin and I take him out on the town once every couple months.

Sort of.

He did die and I have his boots. I wear his boots out on the town every couple months just because I like being reminded of him. The interesting thing about his boots is that twice I've taken them to a shoe shop for repair and the first time they were hesitant to take them in and made a big deal of me needing to tell them the boots were 'grandfathered'. I don't have any issue telling them what they want to hear so I did.

The second time I brought them in to the same shop there were different people at the counter. When they picked up the boots they looked at me with an odd expression so I just said 'yeah, grandfathered'.

They don't look particularly odd to me but I'm guessing someone here might be able to ID the hide.

I'm also guessing that it's nothing special and that maybe the counter people at that shop were just a little quick on the trigger about absolving themselves of guilt if someone brings in an endangered sea turtle (or similar).

Aside from thirsty, do you recognize what the hide might be?

That's another thing about this hide that seems odd to me... it's always dry. Never seems to have that leathery flexibility ever and despite appearances the pair has been reasonably well taken care of over the decades.

Bespoke boots, they have his initials inside as the only label.

IMG_7541.jpeg

IMG_7539.jpeg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I have a dead cousin and I take him out on the town once every couple months.

Sort of.

He did die and I have his boots. I wear his boots out on the town every couple months just because I like being reminded of him. The interesting thing about his boots is that twice I've taken them to a shoe shop for repair and the first time they were hesitant to take them in and made a big deal of me needing to tell them the boots were 'grandfathered'. I don't have any issue telling them what they want to hear so I did.

The second time I brought them in to the same shop there were different people at the counter. When they picked up the boots they looked at me with an odd expression so I just said 'yeah, grandfathered'.

They don't look particularly odd to me but I'm guessing someone here might be able to ID the hide.

I'm also guessing that it's nothing special and that maybe the counter people at that shop were just a little quick on the trigger about absolving themselves of guilt if someone brings in an endangered sea turtle (or similar).

Aside from thirsty, do you recognize what the hide might be?

That's another thing about this hide that seems odd to me... it's always dry. Never seems to have that leathery flexibility ever and despite appearances the pair has been reasonably well taken care of over the decades.

Bespoke boots, they have his initials inside as the only label.

View attachment 639673

View attachment 639672
You outta put these in the cowboy boot thread. Plenty of experts at your disposal.
B
Ps: vamp does look like goat tho.
Better pics??

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1