Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I consider myself a Whippet owner?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Going by the liner I think it is post Whippet. Whippets changed in shape ovfer the years so it you want to be symantical about the hat -- even a Whippet isn't a Whippet in some cases. Its a good looking hat.

I have wide brimmed Whippets and shorter brimmed. I've seen ones made in Canada with narrow Open Road type ribbons and ones with higher or lower crowns. They changed many times.

Matt Deckard said:
Going by the liner I think it is post Whippet. Whippets changed in shape ovfer the years so it you want to be symantical about the hat -- even a Whippet isn't a Whippet in some cases. Its a good looking hat.

I have wide brimmed Whippets and shorter brimmed. I've seen ones made in Canada with narrow Open Road type ribbons and ones with higher or lower crowns. They changed many times.

Don't forget the crazy Whippet II with the stingy brim and totally ridiculous style---looks nothing like the original. They did change many times. I have seen some with a very thick bound edge and some with a much thinner bound edge than yours as well.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally