Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camptown Metro...

fatwoul

Practically Family
tandmark said:
...How long is Ken's turnaround these days then? Is a hat ordered during the "Fall into the Holidays" sale likely to arrive before New Year's, or before mid-summer, or...

My Fieldmaster was paid for on the 17th August, so as of tomorrow my wait will have been about 8 weeks so far. Keep in mind that Metro wait times are supposed to be a little less since those bodies are in stock. :)

JerseyJones

Vendor
fatwoul said:
My Fieldmaster was paid for on the 17th August, so as of tomorrow my wait will have been about 8 weeks so far. Keep in mind that Metro wait times are supposed to be a little less since those bodies are in stock. :)

Hello all,

I am trying as fast as I can to get hats ready to ship. In the wake of losing my law firm job a week and a half ago (hattery is presently a part time gig), I have been burning my candle at both ends and the middle to get resumes out, work on per diem projects for friends that are paying my prodigious bills (hat bodies aren't cheap ! :D ) and trying to get restocked through my producer's busy season.

I know that many of you have returned hats to me for size issues, and I am trying to get them replaced for you as fast as the factory will permit.

I urge anyone with concerns to call me at the number on my site, and I will gladly talk with you about your hat. I do not disappoint, though I am trying to get faster with turnarounds.

Thanks very very much. You are all Camptown Family to me.

Ken

fatwoul

Practically Family
Hey Ken I wasn't having a dig - like I have always said I am happy to wait. Just wanted to make sure people realised that bit, in case it made them consider a Metro instead of a Fieldmaster, due to current availability.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
A holiday sale is a hard thing to pass up indeed.:)

Fatwoul: You're going to love your Fieldmaster to be sure. I can't wait to see how yours pairs with your hornrims. Should be a rather distinguished look.

Cheers!

Dan

fatwoul

Practically Family
Colby Jack said:
So what's the sale price being offered? I'm not a member yet at COW, and can't find the info....[huh]

Dan linked to the COW thread a little higher up this page, but were you looking for something more than that information? As I recall, the discount applies to members of either COW, FL or Fedora Chronicles, so you already have everything you need to get a discounted Camptown.

If there was something more you wanted clarifying, you can always PM, email or even phone Ken. He's a nice chap and very helpful.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_doh: Well yes I am Fats...can you cut and paste the info from COWS...What is the discount we get...IE...the price we pay for either one or both hats...cuz I'm thinking of getting both...orrrrrrrrr....An Art Fawcett....it depends on the price.[huh]
I'm not a member of COWS...so whenever I try the link...it takes me to the login...which I don't have...but I may take care of that soon...:eek:

tandmark

One of the Regulars
Colby Jack said:
:eusa_doh: Well yes I am Fats...can you cut and paste the info from COWS...What is the discount we get...IE...the price we pay for either one or both hats...cuz I'm thinking of getting both...orrrrrrrrr....An Art Fawcett....it depends on the price.[huh]
I'm not a member of COWS...so whenever I try the link...it takes me to the login...which I don't have...but I may take care of that soon...:eek:

Here's the straight scoop, Colby Jack:

Ken on one of the other forum venues said:
Hello all,

I told you when the last sale ended that it would not be the end of all the sales, so:

For all Fedora Chronicles Members, Indygear/COW, Fedora Lounge members:

The Model 1936 or Model 1945 for a mere $150.00 unstyled,

but wait there's more

All styling options discussed here: http://www.camptownhats.com/products_stylingAlt.asp

10% off individually

and the full package (Crown, your choice, Brim your choice) is only $35.00

So until January 25, 2008, (which is JerseyJones own birthday) you can fall into winter with a Camptown Hat on your head styled for $185.00 plus shipping and insurance, a mere $10.00 over the usual unstyled cost alone ! Huzzah !

Anything more generous and I would have to sell pencils at the bus station to support my customers. And I'm out of pencils.

NOTES

1. PLEASE place all orders by email to camptownhats@yahoo.com or call direct at 973 477 0934
2. I am out of brown bodies at the moment, so the first order of browns ordered may experience some delays.

For those who know how my September went with my son (who's doing great with is Occupational and Speech therapy) and losing my day job, I am trying to recover as quick as I can.

Bottom line, if I sell enough hats, the job thing won't be so bad.

Thanks to all !

Ken

The message mentions the birthday of JerseyJones. JerseyJones, I think, is Ken's nick on Club Obi Wan.

The styling options page doesn't have a lot of hard info on it. So if you want to find out what a Full Cut Down might be, Ken'll doubtless tell you if you phone him.

Cheers,
Mark

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I've been away for a while, so I was wondering if anybody new has received a new Camptown recently. For those have had theirs for several months now, what do you think of the fit & shape now that you have it broken in a bit?
So far I absolutely love my Metropolitan. It has gone with about everything I wear & I have received plenty of compliments.
For those who have expressed interest they are a pretty good bang for the buck.

Cheers!

Dan

fatwoul

Practically Family
Ken told me my Fieldmaster was shipped earlier this week. He anticipated a wait of around five days, although unless he put some kind of fancy shipping that seems very quick.

I am hoping to have it by next week.

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Daniel

From the pics your brim appears upturned on the sides, but down in the front and rear. Is that an accurate description?

Looks like a cool brim treatment ...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
I've been away for a while, so I was wondering if anybody new has received a new Camptown recently. For those have had theirs for several months now, what do you think of the fit & shape now that you have it broken in a bit?
So far I absolutely love my Metropolitan. It has gone with about everything I wear & I have received plenty of compliments.
For those who have expressed interest they are a pretty good bang for the buck.

Cheers!

Dan
:eek: Where ya been!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
I have since cut my brim on mine! :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
fatwoul said:
Ken told me my Fieldmaster was shipped earlier this week. He anticipated a wait of around five days, although unless he put some kind of fancy shipping that seems very quick.

I am hoping to have it by next week.
If your really the man that knows then.......lol

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
HamletJSD said:
From the pics your brim appears upturned on the sides, but down in the front and rear. Is that an accurate description?

Looks like a cool brim treatment ...

Why thank you very much! Yes, I'd say that's fairly accurate. I have a bit of a pencil curl on the rear of the brim but the sides up & front down that give it that distinctive grin to the brim from the front.

Cheers!

Dan

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
Life tends to get in the way sometimes. I saw what you did with yours. It looks great. I presume you're getting plenty of use out of it?

Cheers!

Dan
Yes! It's mainly a workhorse, the light color keeps it cool enough to wear in the heat and it is tough enough for hard use.:D
Of course I do have an Adventurebilt to wear now too!:whistling :cool:

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
indycop said:
Yes! It's mainly a workhorse, the light color keeps it cool enough to wear in the heat and it is tough enough for hard use.:D
Of course I do have an Adventurebilt to wear now too!:whistling :cool:

You know, Indycop, when you start building up too large of a collection ... or any are just a little too snug ... and you want to share the wealth ... I'm here for ya, buddy ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust