Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camptown bogie style anyone interested?

T

Thumbs

Indycop, this is from Ken's site:

"We are a small dealer of “semi-custom” hats, meaning that our basic hat is built to our specifications in partnership with a well respected commercial hatter, which is what let’s us get the grade of felt that we use and make it available to you for a more attainable price. Our hatter open crown blocks the hat, performs the basic polishing of the felt, precisely installs the ventilated band and ribbon, and then installs the liner"

Unless he's refering to himself as the "Hatter", which could be, it sounds like it may be a factory operation. Or maybe he actually has one hatter do all his hats, it would be interesting to know.

Either way, they're still great hats.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Thumbs said:
Indycop, this is from Ken's site:

"We are a small dealer of “semi-custom” hats, meaning that our basic hat is built to our specifications in partnership with a well respected commercial hatter, which is what let’s us get the grade of felt that we use and make it available to you for a more attainable price. Our hatter open crown blocks the hat, performs the basic polishing of the felt, precisely installs the ventilated band and ribbon, and then installs the liner"

Unless he's refering to himself as the "Hatter", which could be, it sounds like it may be a factory operation. Or maybe he actually has one hatter do all his hats, it would be interesting to know.

Either way, they're still great hats.
Oh well shows what I know! I'm too lazy to read the fine print ! I just go straight to the pictures!

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
indycop said:
Just run one those tube things like hamsters use up to the attic then they can come down and visit!! Or put a clear glass piece in the ceiling and they can stare at you with their little red eyes!!!

First off, they don't have little red eyes, they're all black or brown. Second, how could that POSSIBLY get me any closer to being able to afford a brand new hat?:p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Kentucky Blues said:
First off, they don't have little red eyes, they're all black or brown. Second, how could that POSSIBLY get me any closer to being able to afford a brand new hat?:p
:D By Not buying a $150 cage!!! I'm Rat ignorant! I used to have an albino ferret who had little beady red eyes! :eek: finally convinced the wife to let him live with somebody else.:D

JerseyJones

Vendor
Well, well...this has become a bit of hot topic, so here is my preliminary thought:

First here is how I do my hats. The basic hat is built to my specs by a hat company 10 minutes from my home. I do not build it by hand from its raw body.

Any requested styling beyond open crowned and non dimensional brims, including the c crown and dimensional cuts along with final buffing and pouncing, I do personally, one at a time.

Think of me as the love child of Adventurebilt and Akubra - "Adventure-bra" :D

Second, I will look into the logistics of a Bogart, but I will need as many quintessential REAL Bogart photos in his hat as you can find. Send em to camptownhats@yahoo.com

Also, stay tuned for new special offers for the fall !

Thanks
Ken

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
indycop said:
:D By Not buying a $150 cage!!! I'm Rat ignorant! I used to have an albino ferret who had little beady red eyes! :eek: finally convinced the wife to let him live with somebody else.:D
the $150 cage sounds like it might be a money saver compared to your idea, lol. And you should've sent the ferret my way, we got rats instead of a ferret because we couldn't afford to get one and still get the things it needs! :p
Oh, and Ken, you should contact MK about his Optimo Bogie lid (I'm pretty sure he has one..). But I have a feeling that Bogart's lid might have been a long oval, or maybe was just a much higher crown than how he wore it, judging by how difficult it is to get my 40's cavanagh that I thought was almost identical to capture some of the features of his lid. At least the Maltese Falcon lid.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
JerseyJones said:
Well, well...this has become a bit of hot topic, so here is my preliminary thought:

First here is how I do my hats. The basic hat is built to my specs by a hat company 10 minutes from my home. I do not build it by hand from its raw body.

Any requested styling beyond open crowned and non dimensional brims, including the c crown and dimensional cuts along with final buffing and pouncing, I do personally, one at a time.

Think of me as the love child of Adventurebilt and Akubra - "Adventure-bra" :D

Second, I will look into the logistics of a Bogart, but I will need as many quintessential REAL Bogart photos in his hat as you can find. Send em to camptownhats@yahoo.com

Also, stay tuned for new special offers for the fall !

Thanks
Ken
Does that mean you're gonna get Gisele to be your spokesmodel!!! Now to start looking for those pics!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I had posted here a couple of Golden Era links to a couple of pages that had nothing but Bogart images wearing his trademark hats in both Casablanca and the Maltese Falcon. I'll see what else I can scare up for the hat references. The one thing I love doing is research. It's probably why I got into land surveying.

Cheers!

Dan

indycop

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
I had posted here a couple of Golden Era links to a couple of pages that had nothing but Bogart images wearing his trademark hats in both Casablanca and the Maltese Falcon. I'll see what else I can scare up for the hat references. The one thing I love doing is research. It's probably why I got into land surveying.

Cheers!

Dan
Find a good one !! I told him I would commit to one, probably in the gray. just hope a smaller brim will look ok on a 7 5/8 head:rolleyes: i like the topview pic of the one in the link you posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust