Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying: Lost Worlds or Johnson Leather jacket, preferably longer style

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Looking for an addition to my wardrobe that offers something new and since I gifted away my Johnson Leather Bison coat, I don‘t own any longer style in the 26-30“ backlength ballpark.

I am roughly a size 40 at 5‘10 170 lbs, looking for a LW or JL style preferably with:

26-30“ backlength,
22“ pit to pit give or take
24-25“ sleeve length

That being said, I have wanted a LW Suburban since forever and I rarely shy away from an interesting JL regardless of backlength.. so I guess you can pm me if you own any JL/LW in my size really.

Thanks!

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Looking for an addition to my wardrobe that offers something new and since I gifted away my Johnson Leather Bison coat, I don‘t own any longer style in the 26-30“ backlength ballpark.

I am roughly a size 40 at 5‘10 170 lbs, looking for a LW or JL style preferably with:

26-30“ backlength,
22“ pit to pit give or take
24-25“ sleeve length

That being said, I have wanted a LW Suburban since forever and I rarely shy away from an interesting JL regardless of backlength.. so I guess you can pm me if you own any JL/LW in my size really.

Thanks!
Friend, you can go wrong with Johnson/LW. In the past, I used to own a Hungarian military od color hh coat. It is a cool coat. Now I am older and prefer a less military color/style coat. I believe 26"-30" is car coat territory. There are many short coats in the market, but the newer brand tends to be in the expensive side. The suburban is more like a half belt type of jacket to me. Also, is pushing, maybe 26 at the back? My 42 LW suburban is 25.5. I own three LW car coats. To me, the LW car coat is the only jacket I would take if I had to narrow down to only one jacket scenario. As it is, my black color LW is by far the most used coat when I hit the cold days in Bulgaria. I keep it there as a permanent first choice. I also keep a tan LW in California for the night cold rides. I am also a Johnsons big time user. I had the man himself make me a cool riding coat for my Paris to Almaty ride back on the day. I believe there is an image of me somewhere in the Johnsons tread. Those Johnsons are bulletproof.

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Friend, you can go wrong with Johnson/LW. In the past, I used to own a Hungarian military od color hh coat. It is a cool coat. Now I am older and prefer a less military color/style coat. I believe 26"-30" is car coat territory. There are many short coats in the market, but the newer brand tends to be in the expensive side. The suburban is more like a half belt type of jacket to me. Also, is pushing, maybe 26 at the back? My 42 LW suburban is 25.5. I own three LW car coats. To me, the LW car coat is the only jacket I would take if I had to narrow down to only one jacket scenario. As it is, my black color LW is by far the most used coat when I hit the cold days in Bulgaria. I keep it there as a permanent first choice. I also keep a tan LW in California for the night cold rides. I am also a Johnsons big time user. I had the man himself make me a cool riding coat for my Paris to Almaty ride back on the day. I believe there is an image of me somewhere in the Johnsons tread. Those Johnsons are bulletproof.
You are right, car coat/long half belt territory is what I am looking for. A LW Downtown coat would be a neat find.

If someone offered a Suburban to me, I‘d take it all the same, even though it doesnt meet my criteria.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust