Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

British designer decries "scruffy" British men.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
That's why the Lounge exists. We're an outpost for those who refuse to be a part of that culture -- and those who insist on dragging that culture in here generally don't last very long.

Turn off the TV. Delete the news-blog bookmarks. Ignore the tabloids. Buy a new hat.

Right. Now I have the personal motto I have been looking for "Turn off the TV. Delete the news-blog bookmarks. Ignore the tabloids. Buy a new hat."

Thank you for the wise words

MikeBravo

One Too Many
But as a woman, and a self-professed working stiff, you have that luxury twice over. Under the current standard of performative masculinity, most men do not. Appearing manly is being manly for them. That or they join Fight Club.

pssst dude! You're not supposed to mention Fight Club sssshhhhhhh

MikeBravo

One Too Many
You mean like Google?

Language--both spoken and written--is not an unyielding myrmidon. That an unfamiliar acronym was used in the context of a discussion board on the Internet is hardly inconsiderate when one considers the source of definitions that they must, by extension, readily have at their fingertips.

Bugger acronyms, what's a bloody "Myrmidon"? (my caps)

I jest, I looked it up on Google. But I did have to look it up it having been some time since I read The Illiad

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe