Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino wide Brim fedora 7 1/8

pgoat

One Too Many
I have a nice Borsalino Seyata with 3.5" brim, wind trolley and original Box. Black with wide black ribbon, front pinch and diamond crown bash. Excellent shape with one small mark on the brim underside, not visible when worn. Sweatband and black satin liner are perfect.

I will include a second hat almost identical in similar excellent shape - a "Brandolini", made in Italy, size 6 7/8.

I can't use these as I am a 7.5. I plan to list them on ebay but wanted to give FL first shot. Please PM with email if you would like photos or more info.

pgoat

One Too Many
flylot74 said:
I am not able to sent you a PM for some reason probably because of your low post count. I'm interested. Email me at philbarxx@5of5.com (remove the double xx).

Regards,

will do! yes, that is why I couldn't PM you......I've been too busy to list on ebay thus far anyway - I'll email you asap with some pics.

flylot74

One of the Regulars
You should post these pictures on this thread and it would be helpful to have a front view of the hat to view the crown taper as well. You never stated what you would be asking for each hat.

pgoat

One Too Many
I cannot post pics of the hats here yet - sorry, I am still a newbie. I will be happy to email photos to anyone. Both hats are true black with wide black ribbon and wind trolley button.

The Borsalino, size 7 1/8 looks pretty darn mint except for a small blemish on the underside of the brim, near the left temple. The brim is 3.5" wide. This is not visible when the hat is on. The stampings on the sweatband are very strong and clear. Really nice hat - I am only selling cause my head is too big!

I am not sure what a fair price would be. I am thinking $100 for this one, with its original box.

The size 6 7/8 Brandolini is pretty mint too, except for some fading on the sweatband stampings. The brim is 3 5/8". I was thinking $50 for this one.

I would take $125 for both hats.

pgoat

One Too Many
Sorry - I forgot to mention - I would be most interested in trades as well. I am a 7.5 but will consider 7 3/8" ONLY if they are "Long Oval".

I could do a 'two-hats-for-one' trade for the right hat in my size.

pgoat

One Too Many
Just fyi, fellow FL members - I've listed the Borsalino and the Brandolini as a two hat lot on ebay; item number: 280182511667

pgoat

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
That is remarkable brim width.

Wow.

bk

had they fit me I'd have had the brims cut down to 2 3/8- 2 1/2 or so.

I toyed with the idea of having them resized (lots of brim felt to take up in the crown!) but it seems silly to invest a lot and possibly mess them up.

I put 'em on ebay with a $5 start price, NR. I hate getting that little, but not much I can do with them when they're 3 or 4 sizes too small for me. No bids yet but hopefully someone will buy and enjoy them.

pgoat

One Too Many
These are still up for grabs!

In case anyone is a size 7 or so - The winner of this auction stiffed me (after several weeks of stringing me along, no payment - bummer!:mad: ).

I will probably re-list in another few days but since I've seen some new members lately wanted to see if anyone is interested. I will sell both pairs together or one alone, or do trades (1 for 1, 2 for 1, etc.).

I am a 7 3/8 - 7 1/2, long oval even better, please pm me if you have something and let's make a deal!:) .

Pics and info here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=27111

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007