Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Books on history of the French Marine Corps

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Since I am no longer doing a living history impression of a French Marine I've decided to part with these two excellent books:

Two excellent large coffee table books on the French Marine Corps Les Troupes de Marine in French.

First book is a large hard back book that reviews the history of the whole French Marine Corps from the 17th Century to today. The Emphasis is on the 19th and 20th Century. The book is very comprehensive with detailed histories of each Regiment's involvement in the many colonial campaigns and also the large European wars like the Franco-Prussian War and the World Wars. The book has lavish photos the run the gambit from campaign maps, photos of Marines, native troops, etc. The book is in excellent condition, with some wear to the dust jacket.

The second book is by the same publisher and has the same format but focuses on the Second Regiment of the Marine Corps (perhaps the most celebrated unit of the French Marines). Same format detailed regimental history, many photos, maps etc. Because this focuses on only one regiment the campaign information is more detailed than the other volume. This book is in almost new shape with very slight wear to the dust jacket

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221099361581

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld