Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

semolina_pilchard

A-List Customer
At some point since I got into the hobby of vintage leather jacket collecting, I became a bit obsessed with jackets from the Californian brand of Block Bilt, which were made by HL Block of San Francisco.

The majority of the jackets I have seen with the Block Bilt label are top quality in terms of style and workmanship.

I briefly owned a really nice steerhide CHP but it did not fit:

1729597987312.png

I then bought this cossack from eBay but found it to be not as described:

Block Bilt.jpg

I then gave up for a while, because daily searches led to nothing and I began to think that I would never get my hands on one in my size. Then, a few weeks ago, I randomly searched on Buyee Yahoo auctions and one popped up. The measurements looked right for me so I went for it, and I am glad I did.

It's a goatskin half belt with a Talon zipper date of August 1940 (H O). Love the design, front and back, and the cuffs have quite a unique strap & buckle which tightens them. It's in really good condition too.

It fits great, and for now the search is over!

1940 Block Bilt front.jpeg

1940 Block Bilt back.jpeg

1940 Block Bilt label.jpeg

1940 Block Bilt zipper.jpeg

1940 Block Bilt Talon code.jpeg

1940 Block Bilt cuffs.jpeg

Please post photos of your Block Bilt / HL Block jackets! I will also dig out some old adverts that I found.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley