Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black or brown belt...

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Women Haters

I have to laugh at this thread! Back in the 80s-90s I knew a WWII sniper, a little guy real nice, he wore both a belt and suspenders. He said you could never be to safe! So what color suspenders should I were with my brown Belt? I like having Hadley here, tired of The Heman Women Haters Club! Those of you who are old enough will get that one. I have just noticed that I have spent most of my life in male dominated endeavors, speaks poorly of me!

I'm about as far from a "fashionista" as you can get--a new tee shirt and freshly-washed Levis are high fashion for me. Still, I always match the color of my belt and shoes/boots and, if possible, whatever jacket I'll be wearing. It may seem old-fashioned in an era when people walk down the street wearing clothes that wouldn't seem out of place at a Ringling Bros. clown audition, but it works for me.

jon z

One of the Regulars
Fashionista I'm not either. My staple dress is Engineer Boots (black of course - do they come in any other colour? :rolleyes: ), cuffed selvedge Lee's, white Tee (sometimes worn under a 50s short sleeve tab collar) & a 50s vintage leather jacket. If I'm wearing one of my D pocket motorcycle jackets, which are black of course, then obviously I wear a black belt. But when I'm wearing one of my brown Half Belts or the Mouton collared bomber that's when I'm asking myself should my belt colour match the jacket or the boots? Well I appreciate all the input here, even from the non-male member lol, & have considered all the varying views. I come to the conclusion either will do as the fancy takes me. Sorted - thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82