Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big Al, Introduction ;)

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
scotrace said:
Welcome to The Fedora Lounge.

As soon as I saw the word "barber," I thought they are so gonna pounce on this guy... lol

And I thought only hats got "pounced" in the Lounge, anyway, 'hello', Al, I'm the village Lutheran (LC-MS) pastor and if you ever need a friend, you'll make special ones here. I have.

dean

griffer

Practically Family
Welcome! I'm new here myself.

The classic barber thing is an exploding theme here in just the last couple days!

Where about's is your shop? PM if you want, just curious as I am often in New York...but I already have a guy in Jersey.

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
Hi Big Al......We have something in common. Most folks call me Big Al. Some folks call me Al. Some folks call me Big A. Some folks call me A.T. Some folks call me A.B. Some folks call me Popeye. Some folks call me Squirrel. I have even been called a few names I can't mention here, but no one ever has called me PeeWee:) well exept here. Welcome to the FL Big Al.

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN !!!

Really.
It looks like fun now but soon you'll have a need for something vintage that will control your life, especially a hat. You'll pour over the ebay listings and you won't care who knows it. Then you'll buy, buy, buy to the point of sneaking hats into your home, past the ones you love. Open Road, Borsalino, you won't care as long as you feed the need. Even a stingy brim (maybe) if you got the bug bad enough. Then, if your family loves you enough, they may have an intervention to try to help you with your problem. At best, you may move on to other vintage clothing with the excuse of " rounding out " the collection. Sure, but we know better. Face it, its too late already.
So good luck and Welcome to the Lounge.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Lincsong said:
Welcome. I'm the village conservative and it's great to have you join us.lol

...How in heck did you run off with that title? It looked so nice on my mantel!

Welcome, Al!

alphonse capone

New in Town
The Cut

Harry Pierpont said:
Ok, ok, I'll have to admit he gives a good cut, just don't let him near your moustache if someone else in the room is asking a lot of questions!
It is true Hard Boiled Pierpont has had me cut his pretty locks ;) The moustache was a mistake ;) only half he says! So half I did, looked good from the street side ;) I've been surfing the forums, Have'nt figured out how PM anyone :( Says I don't have premission, well! I have premission to sell libations on lake shore & to carry a gun in court from the Mayor. I'll have to send out Nitty, to find out why.
Alphonse

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tommy Fedora said:
Really.
It looks like fun now but soon you'll have a need for something vintage that will control your life, especially a hat. You'll pour over the ebay listings and you won't care who knows it. Then you'll buy, buy, buy to the point of sneaking hats into your home, past the ones you love. Open Road, Borsalino, you won't care as long as you feed the need. Even a stingy brim (maybe) if you got the bug bad enough. Then, if your family loves you enough, they may have an intervention to try to help you with your problem. At best, you may move on to other vintage clothing with the excuse of " rounding out " the collection. Sure, but we know better. Face it, its too late already.
So good luck and Welcome to the Lounge.

I=lol :( lol :( That's so true, I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Brilliantly put, Tommy! :eusa_clap

BonnieJean

Practically Family
They let anyone in here....

Just kidding, Al. I told you this was a great place.

I think you may be the first real barber here, so I'm sure there will be lots of questions from curious folks.

And ladies...I do know for a fact that Al is knowledgeable about some of the vintage hairstyles as we have had several conversations about them. He's given me some good tips.

And Al...you have to post about 15 times before you get those extra priviledges like PMing (I think). I know you're used to having your way in Chicago and at the Little Bohemia Lodge, but you have to go by the rules here!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Elaina said:
Hi Al!

I'm the village's other conservative and I do not endorse nor support Lincsong's conservatism.

This message was brought to you by the campaign for village conservatism.

Elaina you're killing me again with your humor.lol lol lol lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley