Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belted J. Peterman D/B Tweed Norfolk Jacket

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
OK, I know a lot of the J. Peterman cliches floating around, but you have to admit, the guy did at least make an effort to put out some garments and gear that was modeled on real stuff that was and is impossible to find in modern size and wearable condition.

Like this Norfolk Jacket - I bought it at the Peterman Outlet store in Chattanooga, TN back in the mid 90's.

Nice, substantial weight herringbone tweed in dark, rifle green and either very dark gray or black. Lined with a heavy rayon or acetate material in an olive shade. Six button, double-breasted design - all six leather covered buttons are securely anchored inside by smaller plastic buttons. 4 flapped and buttoned front pockets, generous belt that passes thru vertical strips of tweed sewn onto the back and also thru belt loops on the sides. Center vent.

Tagged as a Large, but fits very generously - I can still wear it. Dimensions as follows:
Chest 50"
Sleeve (center back to cuff) 35"
Sleeve (top of shoulder to cuff) 24"
Sleeve (underarm seam to cuff) 18"
Length (bottom of collar to hem) 32"

Condition is very good - no holes, tears, visible wear, stains or smells.

$75 shipped in CONUS - International Loungers please check for postage price. PM me if you need more info or pics. Thanks!

IMG_2513.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Can I get first dibs? I need to check my account balance, can I give a definite yes tomorrow?

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Sorry for the late reply, but the end of the month has seen me with too much I need to pay and too little to play with. If you still have this wonderful jacket after everything has been paid mid-next month, I hopefully will be able to pull the trigger then.

Thank you very much for holding it for me.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
nobodyspecial said:
I'm trying to get a handle on the size. Can you let me know your height and weight? What size sport coat would you buy; 42, 44?

I am 5'9" and 220 lbs, and I normally take a 46-48R. The jacket fits me fine - just isn't my look, plus I have too many clothes. Can send you a pic with it on me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82