Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The kids?
Well to each his own.
You CAN'T mean the King.
You'd deny the King a place in your house?
That's a hunk a hunk a light burnin lamp. :D

Justin B

One Too Many
OK.
LET us think about it:
he who knows all the statistics about the comic books & superhero movies - he's the nerd in the room. :p

Or the guy who knows how to use Google to find the information he wants. And yes, I'm a nerd, geek, whatever you want to call me. I'm ok with that. I'm an adult and I still get to play with toys and dress up in costumes. It's not so bad. ;)

Justin B

One Too Many
Friend of mine posted this a bit ago. I found it appropriate.

1379826_673413012691605_2027199736_n.jpg

Actually there are different kinds of geeks. You have science/techno geeks and then there's fandom/comic book/fantasy geeks. The latter can be quite fun to be around but the former is another story. I should know because one of my friends is a science geek whose favorite parlor trick was, and I kid you not, reciting the periodic table backwards and forwards!

Aside from being a amusing bit of kitch, what does an Elvis lamp (or Elvis anything) have to do with the Golden Era, so called?

Ummm, nothing?:rolleyes: I was posting a picture of a scary autumn reaper
(which also, coincidentally, has nothing to do with the golden era)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Ummm, nothing?:rolleyes: I was posting a picture of a scary autumn reaper
(which also, coincidentally, has nothing to do with the golden era)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
The Grim Reaper is very vintage. He has been around in one guise or another for centruries. From Charon crossing the river Styx to Death personified. Elvis is vintage as well. His music comes to us from an age of innocence that many of us here long for. Both have their place. :p[video=vimeo;44555217]http://vimeo.com/44555217[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe