Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Shoveling? What is that...a highway!? That's one heck of a picture though, thanks for posting that!

M.
That is actually what I refer to as my "drive street" as I am off the main road by about a mile, and my drive goes past my home to two other homes past me. I have a plow on my Ford 4x4 that I have to use on it, but then the blowers and shovels are used to do more, and around the house and garage area.

My dad said he found a snowblower he wants me to buy for the gun shop, this morning, so I'm gonna do it. It's a bargain at 125 bucks. Last year, I did the front walk with a shovel, no biggy, I love doing it. My parking lot is a MUCH different story. It's two cars wide and change, and 4-5 cars deep and I'm talking cars the size of what I drive, not those Tinker Toy jobs on the road nowadays! I just about keeled over a few times last winter!

One time, early in the morning, I was sleeping, my friend calls me and asks me if he wants me to have him clear my drive for me. I told him to save himself the trouble, I'd put the truck in 4x4 and crawl out. He told me to go outside and look before I made my decision. It was more than waist deep! Am I glad he called me!

Steven180

One of the Regulars
That is actually what I refer to as my "drive street" as I am off the main road by about a mile, and my drive goes past my home to two other homes past me. I have a plow on my Ford 4x4 that I have to use on it, but then the blowers and shovels are used to do more, and around the house and garage area.

I hope I didn't come off badly, it is absolutely beautiful. That was my poor attempt at a joke! Thank God for the 4 x 4 though.

M.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Nope.... like mowing the lawn, shoveling snow is the husband's job ;)

Agreed. I have never mowed the lawn... ever.

One year, my dear husband traveled about 4 times for work. Each time, we got massive lake effect snow falls- more than 3 feet each time. Since I wanted him to be able to get in the driveway, I had to shovel each time. He said to me at the end of the winter, "It doesn't seem like we got a lot of snow. But there is a lot in the yard." :mad:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
My dad said he found a snowblower he wants me to buy for the gun shop, this morning, so I'm gonna do it. It's a bargain at 125 bucks. Last year, I did the front walk with a shovel, no biggy, I love doing it. My parking lot is a MUCH different story. It's two cars wide and change, and 4-5 cars deep and I'm talking cars the size of what I drive, not those Tinker Toy jobs on the road nowadays! I just about keeled over a few times last winter!

One time, early in the morning, I was sleeping, my friend calls me and asks me if he wants me to have him clear my drive for me. I told him to save himself the trouble, I'd put the truck in 4x4 and crawl out. He told me to go outside and look before I made my decision. It was more than waist deep! Am I glad he called me!

Snow blower and it works for that price, leap on it!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Agreed. I have never mowed the lawn... ever.

One year, my dear husband traveled about 4 times for work. Each time, we got massive lake effect snow falls- more than 3 feet each time. Since I wanted him to be able to get in the driveway, I had to shovel each time. He said to me at the end of the winter, "It doesn't seem like we got a lot of snow. But there is a lot in the yard." :mad:

You should have had someone take a picture of all your work, made him realize what you had to do.....perhaps get a new fur coat out of it!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Good man! Next year buy her a new ironing board or vacuum cleaner. :p

Well now, where you live about the only thing you have to worry about in the winter are all those drunk santa's hanging out on the corner wanting to clean yer windshield for 25 bucks! lol (just teasing, but close to truth?)?

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You should have had someone take a picture of all your work, made him realize what you had to do.....perhaps get a new fur coat out of it!

He's really good to me. :p He got teased for that comment for a while. If I asked for a fur coat he'd probably secretly save his lunch money and change everyday for 5 years to buy me one. I am incredibly lucky to have someone who treats me so well.

He did say that I did a good job on shoveling when he came back. Luckily he forgot about me having that skill, since winter is coming. lol

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Here's an Autumnal thought--I am off to our local high school's homecoming game--my daughter is a senior and my wife and I both went there a hundred years ago. While it was in the upper 80s today (NOT very Autumnal), tonight it is cold enough to reach for old favorites like my Orvis suede jacket and corduroys. Football equals Autumn to me. The only problem is that I fear the Titans are going to get beaten by Monrovia--and I don't think that my Trojans are going to do much better tomorrow against Stanford....... Oh, well, that it what being a fan is all about (and we did beat the Irish).

rue

Here's an Autumnal thought--I am off to our local high school's homecoming game--my daughter is a senior and my wife and I both went there a hundred years ago. While it was in the upper 80s today (NOT very Autumnal), tonight it is cold enough to reach for old favorites like my Orvis suede jacket and corduroys. Football equals Autumn to me. The only problem is that I fear the Titans are going to get beaten by Monrovia--and I don't think that my Trojans are going to do much better tomorrow against Stanford....... Oh, well, that it what being a fan is all about (and we did beat the Irish).

Yes, but at least the USC games don't count still, right? Or is that over?

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Meaning: you shovel snow intelligently, with no macho showiness, and you could outlast the average male by many hours? :) It's true.

True, true, and I agree completely. I have also discovered that if the man does the dishes once in a blue moon the same results can be attained from the Mrs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe