Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At a store near you!

yobbos1

New in Town
Great thread. I just went to Walmart and picked up a couple of argyle vests. Never gave a second look to the George line, surprising quality.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
thunderw21 said:
GAP carries some nice socks. $6.50 a pair or 3 for $15.

Also check Banana Republic at their end of season clearance when they blow out their socks for a couple of bucks/pair. They'll often have a couple of argyles, also stripey socks, which I like.

flat-top

As simple as it sounds, Old Navy has these basic ringer tees, usually for around $6. Great for a late 40's, early 50's casual look.
on419540-07p01v01.jpg

Subvet642

A-List Customer
Modern peak lapel suits at Men's Wearhouse

I went to Men's Wearhouse this past Saturday to help a friend choose a Black Tie ensemble (with the knowledge I've picked-up here), and much to my surprise, found a few SB suits with peak lapels! The lapels weren't as wide as one might find on vintage, but it's a start. Having no money to buy a new suit, I left empty handed, but with hope for acquiring one in the future. I also saw a larger than expected selection of "tweedy" sports jackets. Again, not like one would get vintage or from the UK, but still pretty nice for the price (although, for the life of me, I can't remember what that was :eusa_doh:).

Paisley

I'll Lock Up

flat-top

Late 40's, early 50's style short sleeve sweaters from Daffy's:
IMG_2712.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

The argyle one was $26.99, and the solid zig zag was $16.99. The MSRP on the argyle was $144!! The label is Suicide King.

Burnsie

Tango Yankee said:
I know they've been posted before, but here's a cheaper source if you want the brown or black. They're $99. They are the Stacy Adams boots. Check out Wild West Mercantile.

I'd like them a little better if at the top there were lace holes instead of hooks--if I tie them a little loose the lace may come off the hooks.

I've got a pair of vintage Thorogood boots with these same hooks at the top - I thought that looked very authentic! Of course, the laces sometimes come off the hooks on mine too...

Burnsie

bburtner@moran said:
I buy Target Khakis for 20 bucks,I got slapped around by some of Bill`s khaki lovers here on this forum some time ago.Make up your small minds PLEASE!!!
Small minds huh? C'mon you didn't get slapped around, I remember that thread! Anyway I recall saying Bill's weren't THAT great, from experience...

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
MrBern said:
I remember them from the `80s.
the footware of choice for the sockless MiamiVice crowd.
1352501308_3465935280.jpg
I like Tubbs' suit. I think with a white shirt, dark tie, and more classic shoes it would look awesome. What do you guys think?

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
bburtner@moran said:
I buy Target Khakis for 20 bucks,I got slapped around by some of Bill`s khaki lovers here on this forum some time ago.Make up your small minds PLEASE!!!
Which brand are they? Are they Cherokee Ultimate or are they Merona?

celtic

A-List Customer
A month or two ago I was thinking spring (I live in the frozen tundra) and so I almost bought the Merona knock-off desert boots from Target. They didn't fit as well as I liked, so I thought I'd see if they went on sale. A $20 ill fitting shoe somehow seems better than a $40 ill fitting shoe in my crazy brain.

Anyhow, as luck would have it, I ended up trying on a pair of Hush Puppies Corona suede boots at my local DSW and they fit very well and were the same price as the ill-fitting Meronas.

I haven't even had a chance to wear them yet. About a week ago it snowed and although the snow is long gone, the rocksalt remains. :rage:

Anyhow, if you have a DSW near you, you might want to check it out for these:

aHR0cDovL2VjeC5pbWFnZXMtYW1hem9uLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvSS80MW5sTDhSUTZTTC5fU0w1MDBfLmpwZw====.jpg

They are a bit more square-toe looking than desert boots, but to me they are just as attractive.

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
David Conwill said:
Walmart is the devil, but the fact is that in many areas of the country it's one of the few places left to shop. My in-laws, for example, can either shop at their local Walmart or drive 45 minutes to the nearest town large enough to support something else.

:eusa_clap Thank you for sticking up for us poor hicktown dwellers. I have to drive 30 miles to even get to a Wal-Mart. If I want to shop for clothes in any store that is not "the devil", I have to drive an hour...[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust