Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody still read the Newspaper?

Hondo

One Too Many
Nothing beats old news papers, either from home delivery or news stands, I pick two when I can (M-F), the San Francisco Chron, Sacramento Bee for obituaries, business section, breeze through sports scores, check online feeds from NY Times, L.A. Times/Post, I watch Chris Matthews, Tim Russert time to time. And when I can "CBS Sunday Morning" I truly miss the old timers from all news medias.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Always read a newspaper.

Currently read the Daily Telegraph and The Guardian (in the UK). I read the two of them to try and get a balanced perspective of some of the news stories (the Journo in me![huh] ) that interest me.

I also listen to the wireless quite a bit (mainly Classic FM, which plays classical music-suprise! and BBC Radio 4 for the ongoing news and discussions - which I can listen to and work at the same time).

SpitfireXIV

One of the Regulars
PADDY said:
I also listen to the wireless quite a bit (mainly Classic FM, which plays classical music-suprise! and BBC Radio 4 for the ongoing news and discussions - which I can listen to and work at the same time).
i think i would get too distracted by "news radio." i'd try to listen to the discussion carefully and not be able to concentrate...

Well Sorta!

I read the paper at work, during lunch when some one brings it in to share. But I don't get the paper much anymore. I used to buy the Sunday LA times mostly for their version of the TV Guide, then I found they don't put it in the Sunday paper anymore. Saturday then was supposed to have it but it did not, so I gave up. I will skim the headlines and read what was interesting to me, and go thru the sales ads. In the Times on Thursday is the Food section where i'd often read the wine articles, glance at the restaurant info then peruse the recipies.

I listen to news radio most mornings and catch some TV news now and again but listen to Talk radio for a little while on the way home from work to see what are the hot topics du jour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley