Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anthropologie - 2008 spring line: fiftie's style!

messenger bird

New in Town
Hello Ladies!!

I am an employee at Anthropologie, and just learned the other day that our spring line of dresses is going to be fiftie's style. :]

It's called "spring swing." I'm excited, and thought I'd share the info. with you!! For those who aren't familiar with Anthropologie, the clothes are a bit expensive, but items go on sale quickly, and the sales are affordable... the clothes are good quality as well. :] Anyway, we can look forward to it together!!

:]

<3 nikkie

dakotanorth

Practically Family
50's products?

Anthro and Urban Outfitters seemed to carry kick-butt atomic print glasses for years. I actually got some really cool argyle socks there a LONG time ago. Yeah, they score some points now and then! :eusa_clap

Moodle

New in Town
ShooShooBaby said:
yeeeah. i'm jumpin' right on into your boat, too. :rolleyes:

Hmm, how many of us do we need to form a posse Jesse-James-style? ;)

I do love the zoom feature on their website--if you're on the crafty side, you can get a really detailed look at all sides of a piece. I know a few people who've actually counted out stitches on sweaters they were curious about reverse-engineering.

The Shirt

Practically Family
I cannot leave the store without something in hand. I do think they have amazing sales though. I was once at a wedding wearing a 50s styled dress from there and a stranger walked up to me and told me I was by far the best dressed person at the wedding, bride included. I would have thought it was rude but she was marrying an ex boyfriend of mine so it was a tiny victory in my mind. heehee.

It seems every spring they slip back into a 50s style for a few pieces. I like that their clothes are generally very feminine even if I have to eat ramen to afford them.

VintagePie

New in Town
Thanks for the tip, Messenger...Anthropologie's one of my faves!

Yes, Anthropologie is a bit pricey, but I agree that their sales make things affordable. I have many things from Anthropologie...mostly home decor...that I have purchased on sale.

I find that their clothing always has a bit of a vintage feel to it...feminine and with a fair amount of unique detail work that is hard to find today. I look forward to the Spring line.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Pink Dahlia said:
I can't wait to AFFORD their line.

(I'll be waiting a while.)

I've always heard they had some pretty good sales in the stores.

I still wish I'd bought the "French school satchel" they had on their website a couple years ago. It was finally marked down to about $60, and I couldn't afford it at that moment & then it was gone. It was a tan buffalo leather & had bamboo handles--it looked kind of like a musette bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe