Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

And the winner for LEAST helpful response to a question on Ebay goes to....

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Me: Will you ship to Canada?

Seller: We do not currently ship to Canada however it will cost you more.

lol lol lol
That sounds like something Groucho Marx would say!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brinybay said:
Wow, these are funny, keep them coming! I work with the general public and hear it from the other direction (retarded questions), but that's not the subject of this thread so I'll spare you.

Briny - :eek:fftopic: but you'll get this one immediately.

Friends were at Pike Place Market. Tourists (shorts, Hawaiian shirts, cameras, big sunglasses, and bags galore...) come up and ask Frank "Could you tell us how to get to the Pike's Place Market?" (Yes, I know, the usual tourist error, not a typo.) They're all standing in front of the pig. Beneath the clock. Frank's exceedingly fast on his feet and will never crack a grin when setting you up. He'd make a perfect used car salesman...

Frank points them northwest. "OK - see that street right there? That's Pine. Go there and turn right. Walk up the hill, across Post Alley and you'll hit 1st Avenue at the crest of the hill. Turn right onto First Avenue. Continue on...oh, about a block to the next intersection. That's Pike. Turn right and when you look up, Pike's Place Market will be right there in front of you, down the hill."

And they actually did it...only took them a minute or two to get there from where they started...;)

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
ebay seller response to my question: "The owner told me that they all work, however I do not know if she meant the bell and I tried to reach her and she is not in. So I can't tell you if it works or not sorry. Thanks for the interest and inquiry and have a great day."

I got that just now. I had asked days before the auction ended- last week.

:rolleyes:

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Ok ok...I have a great one...I bought a book a day or so before the Biltmore hat...so lets say one and a half weeks ago now. A few days ago, I sent an email to the seller and ask politely if she's mailed the book yet...Paypal sent me a message that it was paid for...so I check the USPS tracking site and nothing has been picked up, although it has been scheduled for pick up...Here's her response...

"I put it out for the mailman today and he didn't take it. I have an overseas priority mail envelope to mail and have to hand it to him personally, so I'll make sure he doesn't get away this time (husband works at night, so we sleep in the day; our dog puts up a big racket, so if I know I have to catch the mailman, I can sleep in my clothes and get up when I hear my dog). Mailman doesn't come at a regular time every day, so it can be hard.
Thank you for asking.
I've also been in Windows Vista Hell (since last June, really) and working with techs at MS to get the fussy old lady that is Vista running so that I can get my work done. This is its last chance; if these guys can't get it running (I've spent all my computer time working on this that and the other with them for the last six weeks), I'm going back to the reliable gentleman known as Windows XP.
I read in the paper that the sales of Apple/Mac computers is up nearly 40% this quarter; I swore that the next time I get a computer, I'd move over to the Mac side, since I blow up a PC every other summer.
Yes, well, that's where I've been -- unless I've been avoiding the computer, as I need to do between bouts.
I could write a book . . . .
Again, thank you for checking in so nicely.
Also, when USPS picks up at the house, they don't always scan the package in; it won't show up until it gets to a main post office or one out of the area.
"

I could almost cried at her pathetic little story...not...I simply said to notify me when she had sent it out...Oh well...:eusa_doh: [huh]

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Colby Jack said:
Ok ok...I have a great one...I bought a book a day or so before the Biltmore hat...so lets say one and a half weeks ago now. A few days ago, I sent an email to the seller and ask politely if she's mailed the book yet...Paypal sent me a message that it was paid for...so I check the USPS tracking site and nothing has been picked up, although it has been scheduled for pick up...Here's her response...

"I put it out for the mailman today and he didn't take it. I have an overseas priority mail envelope to mail and have to hand it to him personally, so I'll make sure he doesn't get away this time (husband works at night, so we sleep in the day; our dog puts up a big racket, so if I know I have to catch the mailman, I can sleep in my clothes and get up when I hear my dog). Mailman doesn't come at a regular time every day, so it can be hard.
Thank you for asking.
I've also been in Windows Vista Hell (since last June, really) and working with techs at MS to get the fussy old lady that is Vista running so that I can get my work done. This is its last chance; if these guys can't get it running (I've spent all my computer time working on this that and the other with them for the last six weeks), I'm going back to the reliable gentleman known as Windows XP.
I read in the paper that the sales of Apple/Mac computers is up nearly 40% this quarter; I swore that the next time I get a computer, I'd move over to the Mac side, since I blow up a PC every other summer.
Yes, well, that's where I've been -- unless I've been avoiding the computer, as I need to do between bouts.
I could write a book . . . .
Again, thank you for checking in so nicely.
Also, when USPS picks up at the house, they don't always scan the package in; it won't show up until it gets to a main post office or one out of the area.
"

I could almost cried at her pathetic little story...not...I simply said to notify me when she had sent it out...Oh well...:eusa_doh: [huh]

The poor dear. :)

Well, I've been looking around e-bay lately myself. I'm kind of new to fur felt hats, though I've had my head for over 50 years. In fact, this is my first time posting, so howdy to you. I won't quote any specific responses, but when I've asked..."Can you tell me the measurement around the sweatband inside the hat?"...
I get answers like..."Wow, that's really hard to do. I tried to do that, but I need a stiffer tape, so I'll try again later." Or..."It's a size 15." Or..."It's 7 1/8" x 6 5/8". I suppose there's a mathamatical formula, that involves two expressions, pi and an average of those two measurements, but I usually just pass on those.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Welcome to the Lounge Chuck!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

She emailed me again to fill me in on her woes...and tell me that she was awake and dressed (good for her), and waiting for the postal employee to show up!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :D

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As a matter of fact

Chuck Bobuck said:
The poor dear. :)

Well, I've been looking around e-bay lately myself. I'm kind of new to fur felt hats, though I've had my head for over 50 years. In fact, this is my first time posting, so howdy to you. I won't quote any specific responses, but when I've asked..."Can you tell me the measurement around the sweatband inside the hat?"...
I get answers like..."Wow, that's really hard to do. I tried to do that, but I need a stiffer tape, so I'll try again later." Or..."It's a size 15." Or..."It's 7 1/8" x 6 5/8". I suppose there's a mathamatical formula, that involves two expressions, pi and an average of those two measurements, but I usually just pass on those.

Hi Chuck, good to see ya' here.
You might find this useful: ellipse circumference calculator
As I cannot count past eleven (I am in East Tennessee, after all ;) ) without removing my shoes, I know I do.
Regards,

Rick

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Colby Jack said:
Welcome to the Lounge Chuck!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

She emailed me again to fill me in on her woes...and tell me that she was awake and dressed (good for her), and waiting for the postal employee to show up!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :D

Thanks Colby Jack, glad to be here. I'm glad to hear she is making some progress. As the weeks go on, please give us an update on her progress from time to time...:D just kidding, I hope she makes contact with the postal person soon.

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Colby Jack, thanks for this story! I got a good laugh, including the addendum about her getting dressed in time for the postman...all I can say is, I wish you loads of luck!

Although not the most experienced eBayer, I do try to make it point to ask some kind of question, no matter how trivial, just to feel them out. If they seem flakey, I get sort of wary. So far, no bad experiences.

- Bill

Brinybay

Practically Family
Colby Jack said:

[snipped]

Her response reminds me of something I once read: "A bore is a person who, when you ask them how they are, tells you!"

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
Colby Jack said:

You're kidding, right?

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
All true!!!...and I found another email this morning saying that she had finally mailed the book (she was awake/dressed/and caught the postman)...then a story about how long it should take the book to get here...Apparently...mail moves differently from Texas to California compared to Texas to Florida...It's slower going east. She's still dealing with a vista pc that she doesn't like to even turn on...and that she's a teacher in a community college!:eek: :D :eusa_clap
Now I understand...lol :p

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Wow, Colby Jack...

You got a bargain! You're all set to get 2 books- the one you ordered and the Seller's autobiography!
Congrats!
:rolleyes: lol lol lol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
This thread is so funny, I loved your clever response, Rick.

Can't think of any eBay correspondence at the moment that was less than helpful, at least not to match your stories.

Last Mother's Day, my sometimes dorky brother brought over a large plant and proceeded to hang it on the front porch. "What is that?," I asked.

"A plant," he replied.

"What kind of plant?!" I queried.

"A hanging plant," he said.

Lets hope brother does not become an eBay seller...

karol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
All true!!!...and I found another email this morning saying that she had finally mailed the book (she was awake/dressed/and caught the postman)...then a story about how long it should take the book to get here...Apparently...mail moves differently from Texas to California compared to Texas to Florida...It's slower going east. She's still dealing with a vista pc that she doesn't like to even turn on...and that she's a teacher in a community college!:eek: :D :eusa_clap
Now I understand...lol :p
Sounds like love to me!!!lol lol lol lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust