Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

mflemming

One of the Regulars
What does Heritage quality mean? How much would this custom run hat cost?

I can't seem to find it on the Akubra web site, but I remember reading about the process of making the Heritage felt. It is a better grade felt to begin with and then is shrunk about 25% more making it denser than the Imperial felt.

email68

One of the Regulars
Finally my size 59 Camp Draft showed up. Something around 15 days or so. This was the replacement for my 58 which was too small. I'll have to pad the sides of this one a little, but its more comfortable to wear.

Photoon2011-02-15at1113.jpg

Photoon2011-02-15at11133.jpg

Photoon2011-02-15at11132.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
Incidentally -- can we all agree that the narrow sweat on an Akubra is a bummer?

I've never, ever had a moment where I've thought "I wish this sweatband was wider!". But, to each their own... I have issues with other hats/brands that others don't. [I can't hardly stand the thoughts of vintage hats on my head, wondering where they've been. It takes me QUITE a while after getting one to even feel comfortable in it... even if it's immaculate]

Randy

P.S email68, you look great in the replacement CD! I LOVE my Bluegrass.

Gromulus

Practically Family
Finally my size 59 Camp Draft showed up. Something around 15 days or so. This was the replacement for my 58 which was too small. I'll have to pad the sides of this one a little, but its more comfortable to wear.

Look great: a very "precise" bash there! Wearing my BGCD today, a very versatile lid and great color for these wintery days.

T Rick

Practically Family
Ah. Perfect sense! Thanks!

Looks great Email. And I caught the mirror image too, look at the shirt pocket. Obviously normally on the left.

Wearing my BGCD tonight too (it's cooled off in South FL this week, giving the Panamas a rest, and off for a bit of shopping and dinner in a few, BGCD is again the "go to" hat).

DJH

I'll Lock Up
After being on order for ever from Everything Australian, my BGCD finally arrived today!!

1190722201_XrUPt-L.jpg

Very nice hat for a reasonable price. Just very slightl on the large side for me (size 57), it is just a tad lower on my head than would be idea. Don't think it is enough to need to pad the sweatband though.

After being on order for ever from Everything Australian, my BGCD finally arrived today!!
Very nice hat for a reasonable price. Just very slightl on the large side for me (size 57), it is just a tad lower on my head than would be idea. Don't think it is enough to need to pad the sweatband though.

Well worth the wait David. Looks good on you. You'll be surprised how well it fits after some serious noggin time.

Duper

Practically Family
My BG is the softest of the 3 CDs I own. Maybe because it does get the most noggin time. And all 3 of mine did snug up nicely in short order.

Seeing as this model is a "special order" I almost consider buying a 2nd BGCD just incase something happens to this one. An emergency spare BGCD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally