Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Doublegun

Practically Family
CRH said:
Uh huh..... Another Campdraft seeking lounger looking for a fix :rolleyes:.

Hmmm...... seagrass green.......:).

Sign me up. I'll be happy to order a size 60 (but I would like to see any hat in seagrass green) before I pull the trigger.

Doublegun

CRH

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
It seems Ron is away for a few days at Hats Direct but will be given my request when he returns. Stay tuned...

Oh thanks, Swoop Dawg. That's great news. If this idea pans out I will have more than colors to choose from - I'll have to choose the felt too :eek:.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
It seems Ron is away for a few days at Hats Direct but will be given my request when he returns. Stay tuned...

I might have to buy another hat rack just for Campdrafts and, worse, find a place to put it.

indycop said:
I think this would all depend on if that run of glengrey campdrafts were a success or flop for them in sales.
Agreed. The best bet for the Heritage collection version would probably be Silver Belly, as I'd wager that is the best seller. I got the mid-brown to contrast my silver belly & would like a moonstone to go with the darker glen grey. I'd be set with Campdrafts for sure! Yeah, right!lol :D

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Dundee said:
DCP_3410.jpg
That mid-brown looks fantastic, Dundee. I've gotta say that my Silverbelly CD is far and away my favorite hat. I'm thinking of dropping a note to Hats Direct or Akubra...a Moonstone version would be fantastic! I'd also be curious to see pics of the blue/green, if anyone has one.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
gtdean48 said:
I got one of the Glen Grey Campdrafts that Hats Direct got ordered. Who would be interested in seeing if there could be a run of Moonstone Campdrafts? I'd like a lighter gray & love the look of the Moonstone Fed4's I see around the Lounge.
I'd really love to see a Moonstone in Heritage level offered in Campdraft style?
Anybody agree?
Funny, gtdean, but I just posted my previous response to Dundee about wanting a Moonstone CD, and then saw your note. I'm right behind you in line for that Moonstone Heritage Campdraft--sign me up for a 59!

Dundee

A-List Customer
jazzncocktails said:
That mid-brown looks fantastic, Dundee. I've gotta say that my Silverbelly CD is far and away my favorite hat. I'm thinking of dropping a note to Hats Direct or Akubra...a Moonstone version would be fantastic! I'd also be curious to see pics of the blue/green, if anyone has one.

The Camp Drafts are my favorites. I think a Moonstone would look nice. I have the mid brown and a silverbelly.

Erik

One of the Regulars
I placed an order almost six weeks ago with Hatsdirect for an out of stock silver belly Camp Draft. Ten days ago I received notice of shipment and today it arrived. It's on my noggin as I'm typing this out. My initial impressions are positive, and I suspect I'll be adding some more Akubra products from Hatsdirect in the future.

Best - Erik

My reply from Ron at Hat's Direct about the Moonstone Campdraft possibility...
Hi Tom,

I am not sure if you had an answer on this as I have been away. We will not be doing another color in the Campdraft in the near future but remain open to the suggestion. We may look at it again around October of next year - feel free to give me a rev up on this at a later date!

To introduce a new color we have to have a minimum quantity but then be able to balance the sizes to demand and maintain sales at an acceptable rate - not as easy as it sounds.

Cheers, Ron

BTW - we have just introduced the Squatter in Willow Green and a Steel Grey is following soon. Should make it to the web in the next few days...

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
This teardrop crease all but jumped into this Mid-Brown Campdraft on it's own.

That is a gorgeous hat! I ended up ordering a Fed IV Deluxe, and couldn't justify two, but getting a Campdraft in mid-brown was VERY tempting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe