Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero? Simmons Bilt? Looking for my "Forever Leather Jacket"

Chilliwack

Familiar Face
@Chilliwack No, but I have some suggestions here : https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fit-check-thread.114927/post-3100438
Mainly lighting, various angles, tucket shirt with pants you actually wear, jacket zipped, etc..
Don't fully agree with tucked shirts, but ok. Once it's all nice and fixed up, I'll be sure to take some proper fit pics.
I was told in person by a fashion enthusiast that other than the sleeves it fit almost perfect, so... yeah. Clearly the photos were not great. Not surprising, considering one was in the bathroom, the other was right off the rack, after having been there for possibly decades.

TartuWolf

One Too Many
The tucked shirt is not so much because we expect you to wear the jacket that way, but rather to give a better idea of the length of the jacket in relation to the pants. Obviously fit is very subjective and all you'll get are opinions. Your choice what to do with them.

Chilliwack

Familiar Face
The tucked shirt is not so much because we expect you to wear the jacket that way, but rather to give a better idea of the length of the jacket in relation to the pants. Obviously fit is very subjective and all you'll get are opinions. Your choice what to do with them.
Ahhhhhh, ok that makes sense, thank you.

barnabus

One Too Many
Well it does LOOK a bit big on me now, but that's because I have it OPEN In both pics. And because I'm still a bit heavy, it's sort of "pushed out" a bit. I have at least 20 more pounds to drop. And some chest muscles to develop.

And like I said, I'll need to get the sleeves shortened. That's the main reason it looks too big on me. Trust me, I've looked ALL OVER for a good vintage jacket, and I can't trust anything online until I get down to my ideal size.

As for the cost... yeah it will cost a fair amount, but that's the price I was quoted at a tailor, about $200 or so.

It's great that you love the jacket, but to my eyes it looks absolutely huge on you.

Too long in the body, too broad in the shoulders, too wide in the sleeves.

I appreciate the photos are taken with it open though, so I'd be interested to see some more fit pictures.

The most important thing is how it makes you feel when you wear it, and if it makes you feel good then nobody else's opinion matters.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
The current fashion trends seems to be to wear leathers that are oversized, if that’s the fit you’re going for you nailed it.

Chilliwack

Familiar Face
Yeah I absolutely need to take some better photos, judging from the responses here. xvx;; It's a perfect fit, but it seems I made it look like it's several sizes too big. I'll get around to it! I just have some unrelated RL work that I need to focus on right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB123