Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm surprised at the deafening silence on the IH forum

I suspect the silence is because: (1) many of the IH forum members read TFL and now know the truth; and (2) the IH forum members know that Giles does not permit dissent, nor even inquiry, and will quickly banish anyone who dares post even the most benign deviation from his dogma, just as he banished me.

Superfluous

From the Wayback Machine, it looks like that description was in the Alexander Leathers "About Us" description when their site first launched.
http://web.archive.org/web/20131128025023/http://www.alexanderleathers.com/information-menu/about-us.html

NB: For some reason it appears as white text on a white background, but if you highlight the text you should be able to read it.

Based on the snapshots, the text was edited some time between November 28, 2013 and December 30, 2013 to remove references to WL:
http://web.archive.org/web/20131230054406/http://www.alexanderleathers.com/information-menu/about-us.html

Great find Wanz. AL apparently removed all reference to WL on its own website, but forgot to purge and sanitize its YouTube account and retailer websites.

The evidence continues to pile up against AL and the suspicious nature of its "statement" regarding WL.

Last edited:

Blackadder

I am not surprised that the newcomer issued such statement. True or false, they have to do it because of potential lawsuit etc.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'm surprised at the deafening silence on the IH forum even now about them probably being the main unwitting recipients of storse, especially considering these guys know their clothing and don't mind spending to get the best. If the accusations are true, how galling it must be to have been taken advantage of like that.

It did occur to me that if the absence/lack of invoices conundrum can't be solved, then I guess IH would have to take responsibility for those jackets.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
Craig, I think you made a slight typo in your last Narrative post. In the sentence:

"WL had been allowed to make these decisions because he was the MD and trusted implicitly by the Lauders. "
-shouldn't that be Calders?

And thanks for keeping us updated on the whole ordeal. I highly appreciate it, as I'm sure we all do.

wdw

One Too Many
Such efforts tell you everything you need to know about such companies. At least those who see through it can make an informed choice as to whether or not to do business with them, but newcomers won't see all that. Having said that, any search for these companies will bring people here, where they'll learn the full story, as the manipulators can't erase this small part of history.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Never fails, cover-ups require and breed never ending deception as the sources try to hide and manipulate.

In an odd left of centre way I'm reminded Fawlty Towers....Basil just getting in deeper and deeper.....dreadful cover ups and just getting in more and more trouble every second.....and poor old Manwell getting knocked about and clipped under the ear every 5 minutes....

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Fawlty2.jpg

"A satisfied customer. We should have him stuffed."

Last edited:

Superfluous

The "About us" website referenced above appears to have been purged, at least when I access it.

AL's response was entirely predictable:

https://www.youtube.com/user/alexanderleathers/about (I suspect this link will be disabled, or the information changed, very shortly).

AL: Did you really think it would be that easy? Did you really think you could purge your prior acknowledgements and thereby erase the truth? Sorry to disappoint, but the truth has been preserved.

The following is a snapshot of AL's YouTube "About Us" description that AL removed in response to this thread:

Alexander%20Leathers_zpsy98rxlpy.jpg

The following is a snapshot of AL's website from 2013, as derived from Web Archive / Wayback Machine:

Alexander%20Leathers%204_zps1losrxie.jpg

The following is a snapshot of the DenimHunter's article regarding AL (including an interview), wherein the author noted that "Will is the production manager at Alexander Leathers."

Alexander%20Leathers%205_zpsiywrx5ih.jpg

The following are snapshots of statements regarding AL found on the websites of AL retailers:

Alexander%20Leathers%207_zpsrvkdiimp.jpg

Alexander%20Leathers%206_zpsw62jaagz.jpg

Alexander%20Leathers%208_zps64pp9h8l.jpg

Alexander%20Leathers%209_zpso41z1y7p.jpg

Purge all you want AL, but the truth is out.

Superfluous

Never fails, cover-ups require and breed never ending deception as the sources try to hide and manipulate.

+1

Such efforts tell you everything you need to know about such companies. At least those who see through it can make an informed choice as to whether or not to do business with them, but newcomers won't see all that. Having said that, any search for these companies will bring people here, where they'll learn the full story, as the manipulators can't erase this small part of history.

Amen brutha!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe