Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Hooch Hauler Thread 2022

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you're going to go the Thurston route for Aero, be prepared to push back hard; otherwise they are likely to get you into a much slimmer jacket than you should be in. It's possible they don't do this for Vanson so I can't say.

TelemarkTumalo

One of the Regulars
If you're going to go the Thurston route for Aero, be prepared to push back hard; otherwise they are likely to get you into a much slimmer jacket than you should be in. It's possible they don't do this for Vanson so I can't say.
Your experience was obviously different than my own. They sized me well and talked me out of sizing down. I think that is why the try on jacket is such a great idea.

WatchesandBoots1125

New in Town
Check out Thurston Brothers in Seattle. They will walk you through the entire process and send you a try on jacket for sizing and determine if you need any adjustments. Plus, they will send you leather samples to look at. Great folks and fantastic communication.
Thanks, are they the only option in the USA for that service? I'm right by NYC not sure if there are any Aero retailers in this area? I can't find anything online about it.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have had two Aeros through Thurston with no problems. The fit jacket removes the greatest fear in ordering a custom jacket online–will it fit?

I know many people here have had good experiences. In my case I paid a considerable premium over ordering direct from Aero + got a completely different jacket from what I ordered (by design, not accident, because they're philosophically opposed to people getting the short 50s cut motorcycle jackets so just commission their "Ridley" with the desired jacket's pocket layout instead). The Ridley pattern is fine but wears and looks completely different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1