Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Hooch Hauler Size Advice

Evan1996

New in Town
Hey folks,

New member but wanted to thank everyone for all the advice I’ve read over the years.

Looking to order an Aero Hooch Hauler in Badalassi and have been recommended to go with a 40 by the company.

However, I’m a 38 in mostly every leather jacket I have (Schott, Vanson) and my chest measures exactly 38. I’m looking for a fairly slim fit and not plan to wear a t-shirt or shirt under the jacket.

I really don’t want to jacket to be too big but looking at the measurements provided by Aero the 40 seems quite large.

Anyone have experience with the Hooch Hauler sizing or Aero sizing in general? Any advice? I know the Highwayman is meant to fit very big.

Will include provided sizing:

The Hooch Hauler would come with approx. measurements as below –

Size 38”

Pit to Pit 20.5-20.75”

Shoulders 17-17.5”

Hem 18.75-19”

Sleeve 25.25”

Back 25.75”

Size 40”

Pit to Pit 21.5-21.75”

Shoulders 18.25”

Hem 19.5-20”

Sleeve 25.25”

Back 26.25”

TartuWolf

One Too Many
I'd say I'm a 36 upper body and 34 lower body. I have a 36 hooch hauler. It's a very slim pattern, rather restrictive in mobility as well, especially in cxl. I think that sizing up to 40 like you were recommended sounds like a pretty good idea. Like mentioned in the hooch hauler thread - be careful about the extra tight bottom hem.

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Hey folks,

New member but wanted to thank everyone for all the advice I’ve read over the years.

Looking to order an Aero Hooch Hauler in Badalassi and have been recommended to go with a 40 by the company.

However, I’m a 38 in mostly every leather jacket I have (Schott, Vanson) and my chest measures exactly 38. I’m looking for a fairly slim fit and not plan to wear a t-shirt or shirt under the jacket.

I really don’t want to jacket to be too big but looking at the measurements provided by Aero the 40 seems quite large.

Anyone have experience with the Hooch Hauler sizing or Aero sizing in general? Any advice? I know the Highwayman is meant to fit very big.

Size 38”

Pit to Pit 20.5-20.75”

Shoulders 17-17.5”

Hem 18.75-19”

Sleeve 25.25”

Back 25.75”

Size 40”

Pit to Pit 21.5-21.75”

Shoulders 18.25”

Hem 19.5-20”

Sleeve 25.25”

Back 26.25”
you say above that your chest is 38" exactly ? ............when you provided us with measurements you say 38.5" relaxed and 39.5" expanded . With your other measurements you would struggle to zip up a 38"

Evan1996

New in Town
you say above that your chest is 38" exactly ? ............when you provided us with measurements you say 38.5" relaxed and 39.5" expanded . With your other measurements you would struggle to zip up a 38"
You’re right, I just wanted the opinions of consumers as this is the first time I’ve ever ordered a made to measure jacket. I went with the advice given to me by your team and am looking forward to receiving the jacket. I’ve admired Aero for a long time. I just wondered whether people’s experiences with the style would influence my decision as I know leather behaves far different than other natural materials. Didn’t mean to offend in any way.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Hey folks,

Size 38”

Pit to Pit 20.5-20.75”

Shoulders 17-17.5”

Hem 18.75-19”

Sleeve 25.25”

Back 25.75”

Size 40”

Pit to Pit 21.5-21.75”

Shoulders 18.25”

Hem 19.5-20”

Sleeve 25.25”

Back 26.25”
My suggestion is that either 38 or 40 will work for you. The 40 would be more layering fit and the 38 may be a bit tight. But Badalassi leather has a lot of give, and there is the center vent, and the sleeves goes out to the sides like a shirt jacket, so all this will contribute to making the 38 work.

I have / had size 42 Hooch Hauler and Schott 618HH. I find that for me, the Hooch works at size 42 and I chose to go to 44 in the 613/618 because it has square shoulders design. I tend to have a preference for looser fits than others here, so I do think HH in 38 in Badalassi can work for you if you're wearing size 38 Schott jackets (6 series jackets, not 1 series, if 1 series then you need size 40 Hooch Hauler for sure)

Hooch Hauler vs 618 both size 42
IMG_5597.jpg

IMG_5612.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg

Aero for the most part is more "made to order" jacket, they can do tapering upon request but the Hooch doesn't need it imo, the stock silhoulette is already very good. Just pick leather and lining and you're good to go. Unless you're 6'2" or taller, then you might have to go up in sizing to accomodate your frame. I've got a few Aero jackets, Hooch is one of the easier to fit ones imo. Good luck and I hope you put in your order during the sale and got the sale price.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Didn't realize based off your first post that you had already placed an order.
Generally it's best to work with Aero themselves. (Or the Stockist, if ordering that way.) They know what they are doing and they do this all the time.

jeepTj98

New in Town
Hey folks,

Size 38”

Pit to Pit 20.5-20.75”

Shoulders 17-17.5”

Hem 18.75-19”

Sleeve 25.25”

Back 25.75”

Size 40”

Pit to Pit 21.5-21.75”

Shoulders 18.25”

Hem 19.5-20”

Sleeve 25.25”

Back 26.25”

jeepTj98

New in Town
Personally I would go with a 38. You and I are in that same range and I ordered the 38 and it’s a perfect fit.

marauf

New in Town
I had a similar dilemma when ordering Vincent (similar to HH). My relaxed chest is 38-38.5 and jackets with p-p 20.5 fit the best. Thing with skinny folks is that a tad larger fit looks "big". There just isn't a lot of body frame. Any who, I did get the 38 in Vincent with tumbled cordovan. Gr8 fit.

jeepTj98

New in Town
Wow I just looked up the Vincent. It reminds me of the aero Ridley and I love that jacket. If it doesn’t fit you, look me up lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve S