Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Grand Theft Sale

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Hi Guys! Craig has it right - I'm afraid it's going to be an absolutely massive job for us to photograph and list every item we've recovered for sale online. We're looking into logistics, but I'm afraid it's looking very much like the sale will be in person first of all, the more we can sell in person the better a price we can give as we don't have to take into consideration all the time it'll take to list them. We understand this is unfortunate for those of you a bit further afield, and we're very sorry about that disadvantage but we hope you'll all understand given the issues we've faced over the past few years we just want rid of these jackets as quickly, and easily as possible! That said, we're meeting next week to discuss everything and we'll do our best to try and think of a fair way to repay everyone for their support over these difficult years.

As for sizing...There will be a full range of sizes and we should be able to give total number of each size by the end of next week once we work out how many 'storse' jackets will be on sale.

Will come back with an update soon! :)

Holly

wdw

One Too Many
Holly, are the storse jackets in addition to the nicked ones? Surely he wouldn't nick the dodgy jackets too?

As for more info, I definitely understand the logistics part, but without some basic details like numbers of individual sizes and the general types of jacket, it would be too much of a lottery for some to have to the expense of travelling there without knowing if there was a reasonable chance of a bargain that fits.

EDIT - just thought of something: the sale date is in the middle of the month long Edinburgh Tattoo and Fringe Festival, so accommodation in the capital and nearby areas will be scarce and at an expensive premium. If anyone's thinking of making a holiday of it, they should book soon or stay local.

Last edited:

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Holly, are the storse jackets in addition to the nicked ones? Surely he wouldn't nick the dodgy jackets too?

As for more info, I definitely understand the logistics part, but without some basic details like numbers of individual sizes and the general types of jacket, it would be too much of a lottery for some to have to the expense of travelling there without knowing if there was a reasonable chance of a bargain that fits.

As Holly has stated we will be releasing a list of sizes by the end of next week. There will be a full range of sizes as not only will there be the recovered goods there will be mislabeled "Storse" jackets, but we will also include various sample jackets , pattern tests, used jackets etc..... there will be something for everyone. Any size ranges that may be low we may very well make up some " Blue Labels" etc to fill the gaps.
I really don't think you have anything to worry about, your less than 1 hour from the factory !!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I doubt that any of us here can even imagine the logistical nightmare you must be facing with not only preparing for the Grand Theft Sale but also continuing to do other daily business with new orders, etc.

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
I have been once to the Aero factory and for my money it was worth the trip just to see the stuff at first hand. Not just the leather, the denim and Harris tweed, the boots and a little of Aero's history. I also found it really helpful to try things on and get a much better idea of what fit worked. If you pick up a bargain as well, it will be a good day. I managed to book flights at the right price and just need to embezzle the family finances for a few months.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Edinburgh accomodation may well fill up fast being at the tail end of the Fringe festival, but Glasgow is easily reachable by train too - one change and a 2 hour journey. Plus there is accomodation available in and around Galashiels in the Scottish Borders. If anyone needs help with planning accomodation please don't hesitate to ask us and we can send some reccomendations over :)

Even though I can't be there it will be fun to see what people end up with and live vicariously through their experience. Albeit with a hint of jealousy;)

willyto

One Too Many
It seems I will be able to attend the Grand Theft Aero Sale:

7585730b0f4808cc_aero-grandtheftsale-final-500.jpg

I managed to get holidays from 19-22 of August so I guess I will fly to Edinburgh and then on Saturday take a train to Galashiels. It's a shame there is only a flight going out of Barcelona and one coming because the schedules are crazy. The only flight coming to Barcelona with a reasonable price leaves at 6:30am from Edinburgh so I had to buy those flight tickets which means more money to spend on Aero garments.

I will have to leave night shift work and go to the airport inmediately so I will try to sleep in the flight if possible :eek:

Not much time to enjoy Edinburgh properly but at least I can make it to Galashiels!

I'll ask for recommendations once the day come but I would love to know which is the best area to look for a place to stay.

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I'm slightly disappointed that Sloan vs Gav is not the headliner event for this get-together. Leather jackets? Who cares about these, duh? We all own dozens of these already! Marathon Man vs The Mountain is what I'm looking for! :D

Gav

Practically Family
I'm slightly disappointed that Sloan vs Gav is not the headliner event for this get-together. Leather jackets? Who cares about these, duh? We all own dozens of these already! Marathon Man vs The Mountain is what I'm looking for! :D
Well I might make it...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Think I'd be letting the side down if I didn't make it across, tbh.
Craig, as many trips as you have made to Galashiels to buy stuff, you should be there for the entire Grand Sale to greet people and act as an Aero official mascot. :D

Monsoon

A-List Customer
Oh, that's a potential world of pain you'll enter there: "Oh no, it's too big/short/tight", or, "It's the wrong shade of russet, I don't like the colour of the knits", etc etc etc.

I agree with you there. Rather try to yank souvenir teeth out of the mouth of a living shark than do that.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Have fun boys and girls, and no argy-bargy or biffo over the jackets.

I have visions, for right or wrong, of this being like a better dressed version of one of those "closing down, all stock must go at ludicrous prices" sales which look like a cross between a human tidal wave and an overgrown rugby scrum ;)

Wish I could be there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe