Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Fit Pics

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
OK, i was thinking your BR test jacket had 27.5" sleeves but after reading your initial post again, I noted 26.5" sleeves. I agree that that 27.5" to 28" sleeves should work fine, the latter if you ride. The body looks fine to me as the design is meant to fit somewhat long in the body.

VictorShadow

One of the Regulars
I found these photos of a Buco J-24, and I'm posting them to highlight how short a contemporary motorcycle jacket can go, and how long the sleeves can be, while still retaining a classic cool look. Not sure if many of the forum members would want to rock a jacket this short, but I'd love to hear your opinions about this:

buco1.jpg
buco2.jpg
buco3.jpg
buco4.jpg

VictorShadow

One of the Regulars
OK, i was thinking your BR test jacket had 27.5" sleeves but after reading your initial post again, I noted 26.5" sleeves. I agree that that 27.5" to 28" sleeves should work fine, the latter if you ride. The body looks fine to me as the design is meant to fit somewhat long in the body.

Hey Fanch, From what Carrie at Thurston Bros told me, it looks like the Ridley will be almost exactly the same fit as the BR. So those measurements should work out well. The jacket is mainly for daily wear, not riding, but I will ride once in a while. So I wanted the sleeves to serve both purposes.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I found these photos of a Buco J-24, and I'm posting them to highlight how short a contemporary motorcycle jacket can go, and how long the sleeves can be, while still retaining a classic cool look. Not sure if many of the forum members would want to rock a jacket this short, but I'd love to hear your opinions about this:

View attachment 36417
View attachment 36418
View attachment 36419
View attachment 36420

He looks like a hipster. He can't pull anything off. Anatomically, I suppose the jacket looks like it fits relatively well for the style (maybe a bit longer).

lol Nick, as much as I agree, I think that in this case, it's just a random model they've used to advertise the jacket. I've seen these photos before, on some high end fashion website if I remember this correctly, and the jacket was priced at some insanity of a price of $3000 or so... This guy was modeling few other jackets, as well. It's an excellent fit, though.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Once again it's all about preference, but I much prefer the simple, understated look of the Board Racer.

I agree but look is one thing and these Buco's are much more functional jackets. It's a utility, Stu would say.
horse.gif

VictorShadow

One of the Regulars
I lost a lost of sleep trying to decide between the Board Racer and Ridley. When I decided on one, I felt grief about not having the other. But I think I was driving Carrie crazy with indecision, and so I finally decided on the Ridley. Now I'm planning my next jacket. I've gotten the bug. I have my eye on a Langlitz.

One question for you gentlemen (and ladies). I just discovered that many of these motorcycle jackets have mixed hardware. I specified Brass on my Ridley, but do you think I should go with mixed Brass and Nickel? And why are many jackets made with both? Is there a history to this?

One question for you gentlemen (and ladies). I just discovered that many of these motorcycle jackets have mixed hardware. I specified Brass on my Ridley, but do you think I should go with mixed Brass and Nickel? And why are many jackets made with both? Is there a history to this?

I've been informed that this was because manufacturers would sometimes not have all lengths and types of zippers available in both colours, so they'd mix what they had at the moment to keep up with the production demand... But that might not be true at all. Either way, I strongly prefer mismatched hardware. It's fun.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I lost a lost of sleep trying to decide between the Board Racer and Ridley. When I decided on one, I felt grief about not having the other. But I think I was driving Carrie crazy with indecision, and so I finally decided on the Ridley. Now I'm planning my next jacket. I've gotten the bug. I have my eye on a Langlitz.

Why not both, one in black one in brown?

VictorShadow

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone,

After consulting with Fanch, ProteinNerd and JacketJunkie, I've submitted my final order to Carrie and I decided to go with the Board Racer after all.

Here are the specs:

Size 40 Board Racer with Highwayman collar
Black CXL FQHH
2 horizontal chest pockets and 2 hand warmer pockets, all lined with moleskin
Nickel hardware
Diamond pulls on chest pockets and bell pulls on handwarmer pockets
Black alpaca lining in body and black cotton drill in sleeves
Cafe racer sleeve zipper position (on under seam)
No inner kidney panel
Delete vertical split seam and keep outer kidney panel
Sleeve length 27.5 inches
Body length 25.75 inches
No windflap

That's about it. I guess I'll be posting some fit pics upon arrival of my new jacket. Thank you all for your assistance. It's been quite a journey!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Thanks man!

I mean that. Every so often you run into someone who looks like they can get away with "the look". Idk, maybe tattoos help create the "anything goes" ambiance. lol The jacket is fine as is. Sure, longer sleeves would be optimal, but you can get away with it as is (if you went with it)...

Don't mind Sloan. He cheats because he lives near Aero so he can just walk in and get fitted. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun