Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Cordovan Board Racer Size 38

newtojackets

Practically Family
It may be a thinner batch and also, it may just be properly broken in. Most Aero jackets you see for sale have barely been worn because they didnt work for previous owners.
I'd agree with thinner batch. On fully broken in though, I've had an aero jacket that was fully broken in, and it wasn't nearly as soft looking as this, so I definitely think it's more than just this

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It is CXL HH. By all accounts it was never really stiff from the get go, for which I was very grateful as it meant the break-in time was mercifully short. But I also went through the hides with Ken in the factory and selected ones that were really full-on grainy for the jacket, which has become increasingly pronounced over time and is why it has a particularly spectacular look now.
It is probably the most unique jacket in my collection, but it's also the one I've worn least in recent years, for no particular reason other than my tastes have changed.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I have a Good Wear order pending, so the sale will fund that, and I already own half a dozen Aeros so I can't justify to myself hanging on to a jacket that is not being worn. In the end, I'd much rather it went to someone who will get use out of it. But I agree, it's a really cool jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jbain75