Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Chips

dubpynchon

One Too Many
When did they stop? I wanted one with my next order?
They don't do snap on anymore, just permanent collars as far as I know. My Aero CHIPS which I have on order will have a black mouton collar and full belt. I'm hoping to look like this guy (without the baby).
tumblr_lu7uwlaB0x1qc5dpuo1_400.png

Psant25

One Too Many
They don't do snap on anymore, just permanent collars as far as I know. My Aero CHIPS which I have on order will have a black mouton collar and full belt. I'm hoping to look like this guy (without the baby).
Cant wait to see pics of this. I may need to order a belt

No kidding, I saw a similar set-up while in Sinaloa, Mexico a couple of years ago. Baby chilling on the handlebars of a moving motorcycle.

I can't wait to see your Chips with a furry collar. Nice touch to a great jacket. There have been a few TFL members in the past couple of months that have gone with the Chips.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Order them in increasing size and wear all of them on top of each other Russian doll style? I like that idea!
Probably find you perfectly preserved and mummified in a thousand years...
would rather cast a dozen bronze cops sitting on their bikes in exactly his figure and put each jacket on them, 3 cops guarding each side of the mausoleum, illuminated from bottom :eek:

When did they stop? I wanted one with my next order?
Around 2012 I believe. Ken was never satisfied with them. They use buttons rather than snaps. And they didn’t seem to work out terribly well. I’ve had a few and found they work better in jackets they weren’t intended for.

would rather cast a dozen bronze cops sitting on their bikes in exactly his figure and put each jacket on them, 3 cops guarding each side of the mausoleum, illuminated from bottom :eek:

I now am considering firing Carlos from his post. I really like this.

MatthewKlein

New in Town
Around 2012 I believe. Ken was never satisfied with them. They use buttons rather than snaps. And they didn’t seem to work out terribly well. I’ve had a few and found they work better in jackets they weren’t intended for.
Thanks for the info

NamoAmituofo

One of the Regulars
View attachment 201217 View attachment 201218 I wanted to share some aero chips info for anyone interested.

sizing in chest and shoulders is similar to the highwayman

i wear a 38 highwayman and a 38 chips

shoulder is about 19
Pit to pit about 23.5

stock chips sleeve and highwayman sleeve is 25.25

stock highwayman length is 25
stock chips back is 23.5

chips is maybe a tad slimmer in the chest and also tapers some. Also, has the side laces to cinch some too obviously

my two aero highwayman jackets I specified plus 3/4 sleeve and plus 1/2 inch back

My chips I specified plus 3/4 inch sleeve and plus 1 inch back

with the chips I can sit on the bike without getting choked out. It also has enough length in my opinion for casual wear.

i do like a jacket with some room for comfort and to layer

i am 5 ft 11 inches and 170 lbs. I have a 40 inch chest. I wear 33x32 levis.

this black cxl hh batch is just beautiful

sleeves are pretty much the same as my zip sleeve highwayman jackets. They seem big to start. With a longsleeve shirt and some creasing they are much better. If a flex my arm at elbow there really is not much extra room at the biceps. Do not think I would want more tapered.

let me know if any questions,
Brad
Hi - I’m considering ordering an aero chips/chp, and could do with some sizing help.

I’m 5’11 and 165lb with 32 waist and 40-42 chest depending on how much I work out... I recently got an aero king of the road for size 40 almost stock measurements and it fits very well. I also have just sold my aero highwayman size 40 stock with was obviously looser fit vs KoTR but it fit me well.

So I’m a bit surprised you ordered 38 size hwm and chips? Also if you still have this jacket, would you mind measuring the hem when cords are cinched to the tightest fit? I heard someone else on TFL ordered an aero chips and he had to loosen the cords to widest to fit so that’s something I want to avoid.

Thank you in advance.

Aero price is now £1100 for chips!! If I want to specify a heavy hide (of the batch they have available) there’s an extra £50 charges too for sifting all the hides.

I’m basically torn between ordering a new aero chips or wait for someone to sell a second hand LW chp.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aero price is now £1100 for chips!! If I want to specify a heavy hide (of the batch they have available) there’s an extra £50 charges too for sifting all the hides.

I’m basically torn between ordering a new aero chips or wait for someone to sell a second hand LW chp.

I think getting your standard size is the best bet for intended fit.

However, I have a question for you: Are you based in the UK?

Because the Aero current price for a CHP is more than I paid for one with my own custom pattern from Johnson Leathers (which also makes actual police CHPs). Given your measurements, you'd probably fit a standard size and pay much less than that, because I had to pay a fee for making a pattern and for a special leather I requested. Even with UK VAT at arrival, a stock size from Johnson will cost less than the Aero I would think.

NamoAmituofo

One of the Regulars
I think getting your standard size is the best bet for intended fit.

However, I have a question for you: Are you based in the UK?

Because the Aero current price for a CHP is more than I paid for one with my own custom pattern from Johnson Leathers (which also makes actual police CHPs). Given your measurements, you'd probably fit a standard size and pay much less than that, because I had to pay a fee for making a pattern and for a special leather I requested. Even with UK VAT at arrival, a stock size from Johnson will cost less than the Aero I would think.
Yes I’m based in UK! How/where can I look at JL stock jackets? I looked at their website over weekend and it said under construction.

NamoAmituofo

One of the Regulars
Has anyone in UK ordered a custom jacket from JL recently? Would be very interested in the experience and costs including import duties

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes I’m based in UK! How/where can I look at JL stock jackets? I looked at their website over weekend and it said under construction.

Check out their Instagram. Johnson primarily does direct work for companies/departments so they don't end up needing much of a website presence.

Has anyone in UK ordered a custom jacket from JL recently? Would be very interested in the experience and costs including import duties

Red devil, a regular here, has ordered many great jackets from them to the UK, including this Peter's aviator and this recent 1970s style jacket. His are custom but like I said I think given your sizing you would probably fit a stock pattern well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodolfoHor