Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1930s slim half belt versus the bootlegger??? help

I don't think there's a wrong or right. There's simply "how you like your jackets to fit". Different strokes for different folks.

For example, arm length is a constant issue. If you're (vosotros) not riding a motorcycle, it looks awful (to my eyes) to have the arms ending down on the knuckles of the fingers. I get the impression that you're (vosotros) pretending to ride a motorcycle. If you are, it makes perfect sense as they'll "ride up with stretching". But once again, it really doesn't matter. That's just how some people like their jackets to fit.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
060217-f-1234p-015.jpg

This is my favourite authentic A2 fit picture....

Well, I tend to agree... but then there's the matter of correct A2 fit.... ;)

If only monkey arms had had his tailored to correct for his extreme dropped right shoulder (a flaw I share) his jacket would fit better.:D

That's right Edward we are always seeing super long sleeves, my pet hate on the A2.

It goes well with a jacket that's too big in the body and shoulders to complete the bad fit trifecta. Don't even get me started on suit jacket fit issues.;)

Last edited:

simonc

Practically Family
yes that shoulder is a possible ACJ break, but yes he is the comedy wildcard in a pack of fella's that got their fit down, particularly his sidekick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82