Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1930's Half Belt sizing help please?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
They fit true to size. Mine is a 42, like my suits. I am 6 ft 2 185 pounds. The 25.5 inch back fits fine. Remember they are around 2 inches longer in front, they drop.

Last edited:

Jackrinse

New in Town
Now I am concerned....

My measurements for the jacket should be close to these1
Back 28
Arm 28
Pit to cuff 20.5
Shoulders 20
Pit to pit 26

I have seen a 46 bootlegger for sale on ebay which is said to be 23 from pit to pit.

Also my weight at my goal will be 220 - 230 lbs.
Many who are around 6'2" and 185 lbs wear a 42.
A jump of 45 lbs you would think would go up from 42 to 46.

I will be wearing a 44 suit but I don't know now about the half belt.

wild_balls

Practically Family

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
My measurements for the jacket should be close to these1
Back 28
Arm 28
Pit to cuff 20.5
Shoulders 20
Pit to pit 26

I have seen a 46 bootlegger for sale on ebay which is said to be 23 from pit to pit.

Also my weight at my goal will be 220 - 230 lbs.
Many who are around 6'2" and 185 lbs wear a 42.
A jump of 45 lbs you would think would go up from 42 to 46.

I will be wearing a 44 suit but I don't know now about the half belt.

A lot of people who sell on eBay don't know how to measure. A common mistake is when they just measure the front panels and ignore the side gussets.

Jackrinse

New in Town
Yes I thought that could be an issue, nevertheless I realise I have missed a very obvious part of this process in not asking for the measurements of the stock 44.
Hopefully someone can help...........

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Yes I thought that could be an issue, nevertheless I realise I have missed a very obvious part of this process in not asking for the measurements of the stock 44.
Hopefully someone can help...........

Someone who measured a 46 bootlegger as 23" from pit to pit likely made a mistake in measuring or the jacket was labeled incorrectly. A stock 44 30's HB should be ~25" pit to pit. I still think that a size 44 would give you a snug fit and a size 46 give you a bit of bit more breathing room. If in doubt, request a size 46 would be my call if you are in the 220-230 weight range.

Jackrinse

New in Town
Thanks Fanch

Someone who measured a 46 bootlegger as 23" from pit to pit likely made a mistake in measuring or the jacket was labeled incorrectly. A stock 44 30's HB should be ~25" pit to pit. I still think that a size 44 would give you a snug fit and a size 46 give you a bit of bit more breathing room. If in doubt, request a size 46 would be my call if you are in the 220-230 weight range.

Thanks Fanch
That was just what I was Hoping to hear!
25 p2p should be perfect.

Thanks again

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Fanch
That was just what I was Hoping to hear!
25 p2p should be perfect.

Thanks again

Recommend though that you give your measurements to Aero, including telling Aero exactly how you want your jacket to fit.

Jackrinse

New in Town
Thanks

Hi Fanch
Thanks for your help
If you have a moment could you please tell me the shoulder and waist measure,nets of a stock 44?
Cheers
Gareth

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The shoulder measurement for my size 44 Aero highwayman is 20.5 inches. I would be unable to say whether that measurement might apply to the 30's HB but would likely be close. Based on earlier information that you provided, I still think that a size 44 slim fit well might work for you, and a size 46 could be a bit large at the bottom of the jacket. To be honest, a 50's HB pattern in size 44 might give you the best look.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld