Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice on Aero Sheene

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of Elderberry! :rofl:

:D I'm merely trying to keep my spirits up ahead of the 'dark by 4pm' days that are barely a month away.

All this talk of how Vicenza is lighter, I think is very misleading for someone new to the whole HH jacket scene. Yes Vicenza is marginally lighter than FQHH but its still going to be be significantly heavier than any mall jacket you have ever tried on or owned. Its not by any means a light option.

This is a very good point. It's all relative. I think the lightest anyone's going to deal with here is suede. If I was going to order them in increasing weight, I'd say:
Buffalo/Bison
Horse/Steer - FQHH
Horse/Steer - tumbled
Vicenza HH
Horse - midweight
Goat
Suede
Deerskin

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I think there is often variation between different batches of the same hide. My russet Vicenza Sheene stands virtually alone in every way as the nicest jacket I have ever owned or tried on.

dan_t

Practically Family
Hi, late to the party here....
My Sheene has no shoulder gussets & is a comfortable fit for wide shoulders. I would reccomend not asking for extra room unless you're a gym monster!
As for the hides, I started a thread recently to show what the various Aero samples looked like. The last image shows quite clearly that the Vincenza hide isn't actually that thinner (lighter). It its however MUCH more flexible form the get go.
Have a look here;
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?81194-Aero-Horsehide-Samples&highlight=

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
I'm looking at ordering an Aero Sheene as my first decent leather jacket. My questions are manly aesthetic. Would you get black or dark seal, Vincenza or goat? Am I crazy not to order my first Aero in brown FQHH? I was going to go no shoulder gussets, will I regret it? I live in the Southeastern US so I'm going for minimal warmth. I don't ride anymore. Thanks.

I can't speak to the Vincenza, but I can tell you that I have not regretted eliminating shoulder gussets. I ordered mine without because, to me, the gussets made the jacket too motorcycle-specific. I love how mine turned out. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007