Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice on a jacket with odd measurments?

Jade88

New in Town
I'm walking this estate sale last night and I grabbed this jacket and took a quick picture before purchasing it for a good price. It's a 1960's tweed jacket made off 100 percent cashmere per the labels inside.

Well it was a bit snug around the armholes, so I took some measurments. It's got a 42 inch chest, but here's the odd thing, it has 17 inch shoulders. Is that not really strange for something that was probably off the rack and a size 40R I'm assuming? Seems really narrow.

Is there likely any room left to let out some fabric in this thing, or was it a bad purchase?
Messenger_creation_ced568a2-661e-405b-841f-f8046e88cfd9.jpeg
Messenger_creation_bb2d9dd8-1f3f-40b2-8f18-689ac7e4bdc3.jpeg
Messenger_creation_02470da5-984d-4295-b1dd-f9066b2564e1~2.jpeg

Bahabp100

Practically Family
I'm walking this estate sale last night and I grabbed this jacket and took a quick picture before purchasing it for a good price. It's a 1960's tweed jacket made off 100 percent cashmere per the labels inside.

Well it was a bit snug around the armholes, so I took some measurments. It's got a 42 inch chest, but here's the odd thing, it has 17 inch shoulders. Is that not really strange for something that was probably off the rack and a size 40R I'm assuming? Seems really narrow.

Is there likely any room left to let out some fabric in this thing, or was it a bad purchase? View attachment 615623 View attachment 615624 View attachment 615622
It appears to fit , to me

Cuvier

One of the Regulars
Some jackets have narrow arm holes compared to the "one-size-fits-all" that are much more the standard. It could have been a custom made. A lot of shirts may not fit that well unless they too have narrower arm holes. Once you get it figured out you may find that it's a much more comfortable jacket.

It looks like it fits you fairly well. Good buy in my opinion.

PS: your phone probably has cameras on both sides. The picture wouldn't be so washed out if it didn't have the glare from your screen. You'd also be able to see what you're photographing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodolfoHor