Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Addict clothes leather vs Lewis leathers

Edward

Bartender
I DO like Addict (as evidenced by my contribution to this thread), but this is hard to understand.
Addict copied patterns from LL, Belstaff and Barbour, so they are all about execution and absolutely nothing about „modernity and innovation“.

I've only handled one in person, at Clutch Cafe. It was not a jacket I'd have bought due to the double dealbreaker of being too modern a style for me (their version of a SuperMonza, a design that came in in 1978) and too light (their equivalent of Lewis' sheep). The manufacturing quality was impressive, though, and they can clearly make a great jacket. With Lewis so accessible here in London I wouldn't feel any need to seek out a "Lewis inspired" brand, unless price was the issue. Addict of course rule themselves out on that front by being as expensive as Lewis. LL were until recently within reach; I'm not sure I'd want to pay the new prices now that they're around GBP1300 for the models I like. Leather Monkeys' knockoff of the Lightning they did a few years ago would be more the sort of option I'd go off-brand for - i.e. a Lewisalike at a fraction of the Lewis price - though I was a bit put off the brand by how ready they were for a long time to glom off the Lewis rep by putting "Lewis" in all their ebay auction titles. There's a milspec jacket outfit doing the same now in eBay with "Aero" in the auction titles (and their own name not). Petty, maybe, but it feels unethical to me, and would make me wary as to what their customer service might be lacking in if there was an issue with sizing or a fault in the product.

Coveragro

New in Town
It sounds like you're in the midst of a tough decision between Addict and Lewis Leathers, especially with the current exchange rate favoring Addict jackets. I've been in a similar situation recently.

Coveragro

New in Town
It sounds like you're in the midst of a tough decision between Addict and Lewis Leathers, especially with the current exchange rate favoring Addict jackets. I've been in a similar situation recently.
When I was choosing between two brands, price played a big role, but so did fit and leather quality. Sometimes, a lower price can still mean great quality—I ended up going with the one that felt right when I tried it on.
If you're leaning towards Addict because of the price difference, it might be worth checking out some reviews or even trying both jackets if possible. Personal comfort and how the leather feels against your skin can make a big difference. Also, I came across a helpful blog about caring for custom embroidery clothes that you might find useful: https://matohash.com/blogs/news/how-to-care-for-your-custom-embroidery-apparel-5-tips

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88