Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ADAM ALLEY

sparks

New in Town
clarification please

hello all - still a newb to the hat world - so please pardon me if this is obvious-

i inherited my grandfather's ADAM -
liner emblem: the A H shield ADAM below that with a 'script' cloud around it and a E in a circle at 6 o'clock;

tag under sweatband reads TO DUPLICATE W TRINITY F

it looks much like billyspew's in his avatar - gray with black ribbon -

bound edge;

my questionis - is this a homburg?

when i try to snap the brim down, the break on the brim edge at the transition just doesn look right - it doesnt transition / flow nicely -
is the hat / brim just stiff from not seeing the light of day since 1970 when he died? or is it a homburg and dont snap the brim down...

thanks to all for any input

wally

billyspew

One Too Many
sparks said:
hello all - still a newb to the hat world - so please pardon me if this is obvious-

i inherited my grandfather's ADAM -
liner emblem: the A H shield ADAM below that with a 'script' cloud around it and a E in a circle at 6 o'clock;

tag under sweatband reads TO DUPLICATE W TRINITY F

it looks much like billyspew's in his avatar - gray with black ribbon -

bound edge;

my questionis - is this a homburg?

when i try to snap the brim down, the break on the brim edge at the transition just doesn look right - it doesnt transition / flow nicely -
is the hat / brim just stiff from not seeing the light of day since 1970 when he died? or is it a homburg and dont snap the brim down...

thanks to all for any input

wally

Would need to see a picture I'm afraid, but if it's not like you're practically turning the brim inside out, it does sound more like a fedora with a stiff snap brim - just as two of mine of a similar age are.

I assume you mean a logo like this?
Liner-PacesetterBrown.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
When would you date this liner billy? I havent seen it posted before in this thread. I thought based on the sweatband in my hat and the size tag, maybe late 60's?

DSC03831.jpg

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Here I am wearing my Adams Executive in Chicago's Four Seasons Hotel for a political event.

mirror.JPG

4_seasons_chgo_lobby.JPG

Here I am shaking hands with U.S. Representative Paul Ryan (R, Wis).

me_paul_Ryan.JPG

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Smashing!

The hat looks smashing on you! Much better than it looked in the attic!

Thank you for posting photos, and take good care of that beauty of a lid...

Cheers,
Johnny

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Adam Executive Belmont

I got this hat yesterday. I won it on ebay about a week ago, but it needed a lot of crown work, steaming, cleaning, and brushing. Did some work on it tonight. I rubbed 3 light coats of lotion into the leather sweatband. The lotion preserved the sweatband perfectly when I steamed the hat. The sweatband is now smooth as silk. I decided to go with a center dent crease on this hat. I usually bash everything with a c-crown, but with the high crown, I felt that a center dent would really give the hat a "natural" crown look. Heres some pics:

DSC04264.jpg

DSC04255.jpg

DSC04259.jpg

DSC04260.jpg

DSC04262.jpg

DSC04265.jpg

DSC04266.jpg

DSC04252.jpg

DSC04254.jpg

DSC04268.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Josh,
That is an awesome Adam hat too. The ribbon and wide edge binding make that one cool lid.

Hi Josh ¡¡¡¡ Color and style are greats, looks well on you, enjoy it Cheers ¡¡

Thank you very much suitedcboy & 150719541. I absolutely love the ribbon on this hat. Ive seen a couple straws with this style ribbon, but ive never owned a felt hat with that style of ribbon.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Great lid -- absolutely love the ribbon. I think the crease really suits the hat nicely. Good work!

Cheers,
JtL

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
JOSH that Adam is really a good looking hat on you. That's the one to wear. Great! John

Great lid -- absolutely love the ribbon. I think the crease really suits the hat nicely. Good work!

Cheers,
JtL

Thank you very much JTL & kyboots! I really appreciate it. I think this hat is my new favorite. Now I just gotta find a neck tie to match the brim binding. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe