Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s All Weather Horsehide Motorcycle Jacket / Aviator Style

AHP91

One Too Many
Up for grabs we have this beautiful and rare late 1940s All Weather horsehide motorcycle jacket. Although unlabeled, the pattern, leather, and overall construction all suggest the fact that this is indeed an All Weather Garment Co. production.

History:

Little is known from this mysterious company based out of San Francisco, but we do know that All Weather Garment Co. produced a variety of high quality garments since at least the early 1930s. Like other West Coast makers such as Ralphs Pugh, Peter's, etc., these jackets produced during the mid-twentieth century are the epitome of motorcycle wear. No nonsense, high quality leather and workmanship on full display.

This jacket:

This jacket can be accurately dated to the mid-late 1940's based on the Talon main zipper and the Talon branded stop box. It's quite difficult to find good condition jackets from this golden era of leather garments. This beautiful aviator style jacket is an example of just this.

A classic 1940's era pattern and fit, the leather and details on this jacket are truly remarkable. This jacket marks a period of transformation from the more formal aviator styles of the 1930s and early 1940s, toward the motorcycle jacket pattern we often see today. A bridge between two era, if you will.

All original heavier duty twill type lining is in overall very good condition with some minor wear marks as expected. Original heavy duty Talon main zipper and sleeve zippers work without fault. The pocket zippers work, however one is missing a Talon diamond pull. All heavy duty pockets remain intact. Stitching feel good and strong, and the leather has no significant damage whatsoever.

No size tag, so please refer to the measurements below and pictured:

Armpit to armpit: 20.5"

Shoulder to shoulder: 17.5"

Sleeve length taken straight from shoulder seam: 24"

Back length from bottom of collar: 23"

Front length from bottom of collar: 24.5"

Hem: 16.4"

Price is 400 shipped in the continental U.S. for the jacket, via Paypal Friends and Family.

Please note that I do my best to exhibit the jacket as you will receive it. If you have any questions as to the condition of size of this piece, please do not hesitate to reach out to me first.

While the condition of this jacket is overall good for its age, this is a true vintage workwear piece and minor spots should be expected. This jacket will be quickly shipped via USPS upon payment.

Please note that I am not a professional clothier, but I do have a good amount of experience in mid-twentieth century motorcycle and civilian leather jackets. The opinions written are my best educational guesses given a substantial amount of experience and handling of the matter.

These jackets are getting more difficult to find with each passing day; don’t miss out on your chance at this incredible piece of early mid-century American history. Moto hat not included in the sale.

Picture 1 of 23

Picture 2 of 23
Picture 4 of 23
Picture 3 of 23
Picture 5 of 23

Picture 7 of 23
Picture 8 of 23
Picture 9 of 23
Picture 10 of 23
Picture 6 of 23

Forum statistics

Threads