Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Labor Day Plans?

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Anyone making the most out of their three days off?

I'm heading out of SF to a little town near Point Reyes, where my sweetie and I are going to do nothing and enjoy every minute of it.

I always think of Labor Day as that last gasp of air before speeding into the fall and the holidays.

If I was in town I would go to the Alameda Flea Market--the best place for vintage finds. And if I was living in Massachussetts I would hotfoot it to Brimfield. Isn't it Labor Day weekend as well?

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

I shall be laboring.

The university I work at doesn't close for Labor Day, nor for any other state/federal holiday other than Independence Day. However, I get almost two weeks straight off for Christmas/New Year's to make up for it.

Rosie

One Too Many
I don't have any plans yet :(

I've been invited a few places, may go to Cape May or Martha's Vineyard or stay in the city and go to a barbecue, not sure.

Steve

Practically Family
Sunday before Labor Day I'll probably on the beach with a group from my church. On Labor Day itself I'll probably be sitting at my desk doing algebra.

S

Samsa

I will probably be reading and briefing cases, and other such fun stuff. Yipee.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Rosie said:
That sounds splendid. I've never been.

My father and I went to the track a few months ago. It was clean, the seats were indoors, and they made the best hamburgers we'd had in a very long time. We spent the time in between races studying the program, trying to figure out which horse would win. We spent a pleasant afternoon there.

Haversack

One Too Many
While the wife is leading a fabric-shopping tour for costuming friends not comfortable with exploring the City on Saturday, I'll be prepping to grill tri-tip for Sunday. Monday will involve other friends visting, more costume discussion, and Paella.

Haversack.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Saturday I have a first date, at the zoo, so I'm a touch nervous/happy about that. Sunday I believe I may or may not have a barbecue. Monday I'm going to make macaroni salad and possibly experiment with mixed drinks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn