Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Rick

Practically Family
Whippet for me today...

IMAG0359.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Super indeed, David. I love that Borsalino. For me, my VS with, yet again, a new ribbon. This time a much more subdued-and hopefully permanent-vintage silver/gray subtle petersham finish, vintage French ribbon I bought yesterday.

Thanks Ale - i must say this is one of the nicest hats I have. Your VS is looking good with that new ribbon. One day I'm going to have to learn how to thread a needle so I can join in this fun!

A couple of lovely hats this Monday morning gentlemen!

David: That Marque Grand Luxe felt is just ravishing. Looks great on you as well.

Cheers, AL - fantastic shots of your Caxton today. That really is a fine hat.

The way the light reflects off that felt says it all; just gorgeous.

Thanks, Ray - much appreciated

David, that LUXE really shines. Wow! (Is it a grey or green, or both?)

Thanks a lot Jeff. This hat is a very nice grey that is just to the warm side of neutral.

David; Great hat and we are still going into TT. Warmer weather is coming, teasingly later this week, and I can not wait to see your Art-lights coming out.

Thank you, Eric. Yep, TT tomorrow. Actually I think I'm going to give TT a rest after this week - I only have three of Tony's hats and don't want to bore everyone. I'm thinking that FF (Fawcett Friday) would be a good idea - maybe more would join in since there are more VS owners here I think.

ArtLites soon too!

HT - nice shot of the FP in the snow.

BJ - always nice to see the Beaver Brand, super hat.

T-Rick - cool Whippet today. Is that a recent acquisition?

T Rick

Practically Family
Yes Sir, first hat I've bought in awhile. Got it for a decent price too, listed as mint and
pretty much is. Picked it up last week on eBay.

Hope these 2 posts are coherent, posting from my phone. Great group of hats today too guys!

High school musical weekend for us too. I was wearing black and a gray 8 panel cap, but everyone in the house had their eyes on the Queen. This was Lily's curtain call for Once Upon a Mattress.

030312.jpg

BR Gordon

One Too Many
High school musical weekend for us too. I was wearing black and a gray 8 panel cap, but everyone in the house had their eyes on the Queen. This was Lily's curtain call for Once Upon a Mattress.

And she is beautiful, as always. I'm sure that the curtain call was well deserved.

BR

delectans

Call Me a Cab
A sincere thanks for all the very kind comments, gentlemen!

Manfred: I will happily pass along your congratulations to Ryan. Ryan is a natural on stage, and the incredibly hard work the entire cast and crew lavished upon the production resulted in an unforgettable week of delightful shows. I am glad you like the crease I have on my Caxton. This is a Bold Look fedora which likely dates to the late '40s, and its generous proportions seem to work best with a more dramatic crease, at least to my eyes.

Ale: Indeed it is. Good eye. This Caxton has one of the most well executed and thick felted edges of any of my hats, including the Cavanaghs! I appreciate your comment on being involved. Cannot imagine it any other way...

Jeff: Ryan will appreciate your congratulations and I will pass them along to him. I am on week two now in post-production and it will take me another week at the least to complete the project as I have envisioned. The entire cast and crew of over one hundred kids as well as their teachers, will receive a DVD with high-res photo slideshow synced to a soundtrack of their performance, as well as the video of the performance and the raw photos. I hope this will be an important memento which will bring back fond memories for a long, long time. Appreciate your comments on the Caxton crease...it is one of my favorites.

EggHead: I also really like this shade of grey. Caxton made some exquisite hats back in the day and I only wish I could find more of them. This Beaver Twenty is among my favorite and finest hats.

B.J.: Looks like you are ready for Spring!

Ordinary Guy: I count my blessings every day to have Ryan and Lydia snap photos for me wherever we happen to be. They are always so understanding and patient...except when temperatures drop below 20F and the winds are blowing! lol

T Rick: Good looking Whippet you are sporting today.

David: Appreciate your kind words!

Alan: Working on posting some photos to FEDORAS AFIELD, hopefully later this week. Lily looks regal and beaming with joy! We love the dramas and comedies, but there is something magical and uplifting about musicals which makes them irresistible. I still have all of the many songs from 'How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying ' swirling around in my head. I reckon that watching the tech and dress rehearsals as well as all four performances will do that to you. :eeek:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
B.J, that's a fine Hat the beaver brand! looks very good on you!

T Rick, stunning Whippet today!

Alan, very nice photo! Lily has really fun as Queen and she is beautiful, as always.

Steve, gorgeous, the Austrian looks really good with your Jacket

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Thanks for the comments gentlemen.

Ordinary Guy - I should note that I only occasionally get lucky when taking a photo. That’s why I don’t post very often.:D

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Last Tumwater Tuesday for a while. Watch out for Fawcett Friday coming up instead. Bring out your VS's!!

Here's my Silverbelly TumH2O for today

smugshot356985-L.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Oh yeah, that is what I am talking about - 35' with a high of nearly 50' today in Minnesota. I am out and totally enjoying the warmer winter weather. Wearing my Stetson 25 Open Road. It is a 50's 25 OR from Cottrells in Denver, CO. Mint and a great working fedora. Bright winter sunlight washes the color out. It is a vibrant silverbelly.

IMG0637-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Great hats this morning. Akubra, one of the prized 7 OR's, cool Malory, Tumwater, velour, Whippet.....the list of cool hats is long. Great lids folks.

Hatted in comfort, by the pics that I see. Cheers, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff