Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipTop

Practically Family
Spring is near...a potential replacement to my BMW System 5 that is now 5 years old. Vemar Jiano, made in Italy.
15208253-lg.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Gentlemen, you are much too kind, but I sincerely appreciate your kind words.

Ale: Tungsten is a mercurial color, and Graham's satin finish provides the perfect amount of sheen.

Perry: The Miller, from St. Paul, Minnesota, is one of my sentimental favorites. I really love heather finish felts, and this green is exquisite. Not an easy color to pull off, however, as it is extremely bold, accentuated by the very tall crown.

Manfred: Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I will work on posting some additional photos to Fedoras Afield to provide better context in the near future.

Eric: I miss Orchestra Hall already! Hold on to your cap today!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
And what a contribution as usual, fantastic triumvirate of hats.

My humble thanks! I just saw your stunning photos from the weekend. Would you please consider posting those images as well as any others of your beautiful photos to the Fedoras Afield thread?

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Came in this afternoon wearing my VS dove "Stratoliner like hat." I am sitting at my desk and finishing the next couple of weeks workout plans and staff scheduling. Practice starts in another couple of hours.

IMG0527-L.jpg

Best wishes, Eric -

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

1930s Miller Hats Deluxe Quality for a relaxed Sunday with my family.

The vibrant, rich forest green heather finish felt is exceedingly difficult to photograph.

Afternoon sunlight.

GREAT photo's as usual, AL! You have some incredible hats, but the one that truly stands out to me is that Miller. With the tall crown, shorter brim, heather finish, and astonishing color, its just one of the finest hats I have ever seen. For many people, green is a hard color to pull off, but I think it looks so natural on you. Truly wonderful pictures and a marvelous Miller! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

delectans

Call Me a Cab
My very humble thanks for all of your very kind comments, gentlemen!

Alan: Coming from one who wields a mean lens and shutter I am very, very flattered by your remarks. Thank you once again!

Eric: Gorgeous VS. Are you practicing Chinese calligraphy at the club?

Jeff: Thanks, my friend. So, when are you planning to take a trip down to Chicago? ;)

Josh: The Miller is a very special hat, indeed. I just adore everything about it. The very tall, straight crown, relatively narrow brim and heather finish felt, just scream 1930s, and the interior...it is quite singular, and has a very unique and very wide textured sweatband. I will post detailed photos soon. My sincere thanks for your very generous comments.

Randall: I appreciate your kind remarks, thank you!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Jeff: Thanks, my friend. So, when are you planning to take a trip down to Chicago? ;)

lol. When my kids are grown and out of the house? Or maybe I could schedule a very long layover on my way to New Haven in May...
Another look at that Miller, and boy that is spectacular, too.

Lefty, I love these shots. You have a way about natural photo composition.

Derby today-- 1960s Dobbs lightweight.

002copyd.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Lefty: Wonderful photos of some very photogenic subjects.

Jeff: I vote for the long layover. Thanks again for your kind words, and a mighty fine looking Dobbs!

gqmagic: Thank you, and welcome to the lounge!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn